Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Slipknots world tour...No Ireland!

• 17-09-2008 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Ive never seen them live but after they released their new album it got me listening to their stuff again...and after hearing 9.0 live I wanna see them so so bad!!! Buuuut on their world tour they will be visiting england and scotland but no Ireland :mad: Anyone else pissed about this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Don't you know that Ireland is not part of the world ??

I saw them last time they were here ( The Tour for vol3 I think ) and they were absolutely amazing, it was the best gig I had ever been to, I had a grin on my face from ear to ear when i got out of there. Saying that, the new album is poor, so I doubt I would see them even if they did come here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Shame they ain't coming here, the new album is the first one I liked since their first..

Would you not go over to London to see them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

The Slipknot concert in the RDS a few years back was the first concert I'd ever been to and I thought it was great. I don't really like the newest album either but I would have gone to hear the old favourites. That sucks. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I second pretty much everything said here, last gig was mental but i dunno would i see em after hearing the newest album anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

In these days of cheap air travel surely you could just hop on a plane and take a day or two in a foreign city to see them? According to their tour page, they are playing Paris on November 22nd (Saturday).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Did I not hear they're doing a gig here with Machine Head in the next few months ?

Machine Head are supporting them on the tour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Oh right, that might have been it then ...

I'd say Machine Head will feel weird supporting them in the UK.

Yeah I'd say so too. I like Slipknot but I think that Machine Head should be the ones headlining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

ENN0 wrote: »
    Anyone else pissed about this?

Eh...no.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Yeah I'd say so too. I like Slipknot but I think that Machine Head should be the ones headlining.

yar, same feelings here....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hey folks, just in from the Slipknot/Machine Head gig here in Perth and it was feckin awesome!

Here's a few pic I grabbed -

Machine Head -

66107211a9289056231l.jpg

The Knot -

66107211a9289059228l.jpg

66107211a9289058474l.jpg

66107211a9289059535l.jpg

66107211a9289057970l.jpg

66107211a9289059629l.jpg

Mad bastards -

66107211a9289058910l.jpg

As you can see I was quite close to the front!

I got about 40 more solid ones as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Like what malice said, get over to Paris dude. The gigs are on a Fri and Sat, make a weekend out of it. The Sheffield gig is also do-able. So do-able in fact I am exploring my options right now. Although the Antwerp gig is also a possibility. smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Paris is WAAAY too expensive. 2.50 for a bottle of coke. WTF

I'd so love to go to the Amsterdam gig. Make a loooong weekend out of it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Insaneirish

Looks like im not the only one pissed off.. personally i feel they wanted a bigger place than the RDS and due to the fact the O2 wont be done until next year they wont be able to come back until next year.. as they are going back on tour in the US in jan and feb..it certainly does suck ass.. but sure what can we do...

Have they played that Dead Memories song live yet? I'm sure it's hilarious live. I can just imagine them sitting on stools like a cheesy boyband, singing and making dramatic faces. :D

Back on topic though....why do well-known metal bands skip over Ireland so much?!

Have they played that Dead Memories song live yet? I'm sure it's hilarious live. I can just imagine them sitting on stools like a cheesy boyband, singing and making dramatic faces. :D

Yep it's been played at every gig and sounded good.

Here's the setlist from Perth btw (same as all Australian dates) -

1. Intro
    2. Surfacing
    3. The Blister Exists
    4. Get This
    5. Before I Forget
    6. Liberate
    7. Disasterpiece
    8. Dead Memories
    9. Psychosocial
    10. The Heretic Anthem
    11. Prosthetics
    12. Spit It Out Play Video
    13. Duality
    14. Only One

Encore:
    15. (515)
    16. People=Shit
    17. (sic)

No 'Wait and Bleed' or 'Left Behind' was disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I think Spit it Out is my favourite memory from a gig, ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Anyone have any good quality Vids from any recent gigs/practices ?

• Advertisement

I have a video of 'Duality' from the gig but the sound is very average. Haven't put it up on youtube yet but I can do later on if you want a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'd like a peek. I'd also love if Slipknot and Machine Head came to Ireland. More so Machine Head. Too bad I can't get any time off work until after December. I won't be making it to any foreign gigs. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭xseanx

Sandor wrote: »
    I'd like a peek. I'd also love if Slipknot and Machine Head came to Ireland. More so Machine Head. Too bad I can't get any time off work until after December. I won't be making it to any foreign gigs. :(

im going to see them in the uk,
    ive seen slipknot twice already, and machine once in 2003 halloween night,
    it was my first gig.
    . . . amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Heading to Manchester to this. Can't wait. Children of Bodom opening too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

apoch632 wrote: »
    Heading to Manchester to this. Can't wait. Children of Bodom opening too

I hope you aren't looking foreward to COB too much, they sucked so bad at the unholy alliance. They were really really ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

Back on topic though....why do well-known metal bands skip over Ireland so much?!

I'm not allowed to say because of legal proceedings from a certain party!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'm not allowed to say because of legal proceedings from a certain party!

Feel free to say through a PM ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

I hope you aren't looking foreward to COB too much, they sucked so bad at the unholy alliance. They were really really ****.

I was at that too. They were crap but I am willing to give them another chance. Plus its only gonna be about 35-40 minutes for them. They will be finished before I start to get bored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭RoosterIllusion

good.

a bunch of ****ing idiots tbh

• Advertisement

As promised, here's Duality from Perth. Sorry about the poor sound quality.

Better version -

Advertisement