Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Metro North

• 17-09-2008 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭

The Dublin Metro North website is now working. Alternatively documents can be inspected or purchased. Details on the website.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Overall I am impressed with the plans but of course, it's not perfect.

From a passenger point of view it'll be a pain using Drumcondra to interchange with IE. If you are using platform 2 in the IE station you will have to go up and over the IE tracks to the IE concourse are of the new station and then down underground to change to MN. Bit tedious when (given extra money probably) they could have had an escalator from the IE platform 2 directly down to the IE concourse level and eliminate the up-and-over aspect.

At St. Stephen's Green you will not be able to use an escalator to change (directly) from MN to Interconnector! You will either have to use a staircase, the lift or a convoluted use of escalators which nobody will do. The Interconnector gets a direct escalator to the ticket hall (immediately under the ground) which is excellent given how far down the IC tracks will be. I reckon this will be the longest single escalator in Ireland actually. MN gets escalators to a nice open mezzanine and further escalators to the ticket hall, but there's no escalators direcly linking MN to IC platforms, just a staircase and lifts-slightly disappointing I think.

Interesting that in a station ostensibly built by the RPA there will only be an IE 'station manager's office' and ticket office! MN customers will only have TVMs, no personal touch! I think in the flagship station this is a mistake and there should be MN staff on hand here-not at the remote suburban 'commuter' stops but here, yes.

Is this actually going to happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Nostradamus

murphaph wrote: »

Is this actually going to happen?

Yes.

Unfortunately it is the Interconnector the "visionaries" are humming and hawing over.

Advertisement