Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portable Harddrive

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

99 quid for a 500 gig seems reasonalable enough. Can't fault the price for the capacity it states it can hold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

timbertime wrote: »
    hi
    i'm looking to buy an external harddrive and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. i just want it to store music and some college work. i don't want anything to heavy or bulky. any recommendations? i say this one on amazon what do ye think. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buffalo-MiniStation-TurboUSB-Portable-External/dp/B00169R53O/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1221663210&sr=1-19 i am competely clueless when it comes to the specifications and what they mean to be honest!. thanks

Will Amazon ship that to you (are you in Ireland).

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

yeah i bought books and things from amazon before and they delivered no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Amazon won't ship electrical items to Ireland though.

ah thats that so. do ye know of any other good deals out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 gonzo33

The WESTERN DIGITAL My Passport 250 GB is small and light.

Try http://www.pixmania.com
    or http://www.komplett.ie

thanks i'l prob go with the western passport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=170256720927

Just bought one of these only 60euro shipped 250gg but its a 2.5inch drive which means its usb powered so no power cables to be bringing or plugging into walls handy if you need a very portable drive although capacity is limited to 320gig at the moment i think.

500GB 2.5" USB powered portable:

2TB External 3.5"

TRANSCEND JetFlash V20 32GB USB Key

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

hi guys
    thanks for all ye're advce i bought the WD my passprt and it arrived this morning. its an impressive looking piece of kit. just one quick question though do i have to use the WDsync (which for some reason keeps deleting things i have already synced when i goto sync more) or can i just drag and drop stuff into it in my computer like a would a memory stick? also when i think i have it synced and look in the (E)drive my passport folder i can't find the files!. i hope i'm maing sense!

timbertime wrote: »
    hi guys
    thanks for all ye're advce i bought the WD my passprt and it arrived this morning. its an impressive looking piece of kit. just one quick question though do i have to use the WDsync (which for some reason keeps deleting things i have already synced when i goto sync more) or can i just drag and drop stuff into it in my computer like a would a memory stick? also when i think i have it synced and look in the (E)drive my passport folder i can't find the files!. i hope i'm maing sense!

Personally as soon as I buy a new external drive, the first thing I do is re-format it to NTFS just to be sure. Also gets rid of the crap that some companies put on their drives.

Long and short: No you don't need the built in software.

so if i just pretend its a usb i'll be okay?.
    soundman would you recommand i re-format to NTFS how would i do this?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,502 ✭✭✭✭guil

connect it to the pc, go to my computer, right click on the ext hd and select format, it should have ntfs as the default file system and click start

What guil said.

Soundman wrote: »
    What guil said.

What a sad attempt at a useful reply.

-

Since the question was directed at me, and guil07 answered, I was just trying to be funny. Bored in work.

Speaking of sad attempts. What compelled you to attack my reply instead of just tutting at your computer screen?

Advertisement