Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TCD Boards Beers 9th of October 6pm PAV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Yup, I'll definitely be there! Pav or Campanile, either is good for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I'll be just going straight to the pav. Sure 6 is grand with me too. Epic (it will be)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I'll head to this, decent excuse for a piss up.

I'm a noob post-grad btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

TomCo wrote: »
    I'll head to this, decent excuse for a piss up.

I'm a noob post-grad btw

Me too dude! Huzzah! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'll head for the campanile, I've a good way of getting lost when the pav is involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Halorf! I would also like to attend!, I hope ye don't mind

At first I thought "I'm not gonna go talk to a bunch of strangers, that's madness". But then I learned of the "oh hai!, where' you from? what are you doing?...etc." and various other conversational techniques. I will see ye at the campanile at whenever ye are going there* (I'll read this thread) , as I have yet to encounter the pav, apart from in that terrible orientation video.

*[size=-3]unless I don't[/size]

Did I meet you recently at the sekkrit beers?

I think so actually, but I can't remember much about that night, damned free Jager :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I'm working till 8 that evening, so might pop along if people are about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I shall be along.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

So whats the story with this? I've been away for awhile.

Might be around on Thursday but prob not till 8 and I'm off drink after a savage holiday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

kearnsr wrote: »
    So whats the story with this? I've been away for awhile.

Might be around on Thursday but prob not till 8 and I'm off drink after a savage holiday!

The Story.

Meeting at the Campanile- some Freshers/newer posters, whoever esle wants too and I. I think thats a sentence.

Others heading straight to the Pav.

Will probably be much drinking for the night (or not drinking for those of us who over did it in Freshers week) so we should still be there at 8. So come along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I think I might go to this. I think.

[..donc je suis]

Anyone want to arrange another meet up later on for those not able to attend at 6pm?

TomCo wrote: »
    Anyone want to arrange another meet up later on for those not able to attend at 6pm?

It's looking like we will be there for the night so you could always join up with us later in the night if you can't make it for 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

But if its cold and wet it is likely that the group will have already moved on, leaving late comers clueless.

I might not be able to make it, and if I do I shall be late.

I will be probably be an hour or so late anyway.
    But if its cold and wet it is likely that the group will have already moved on, leaving late comers clueless.

If people are thinking about not going because they're concerned they wont make the meet up time I would be quite happy to uproot myself from the pavilion whenever and head down to gate umbrella in hand such a nice guy am I.

Unless I don't like you. You can **** right off in that case.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Sounds good. Think I might pop in at some stage if your still there

I think some one should wear a hat so we know if your still there or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Looks like I won't be drinking, since I've got what seems to be a bad flu-like illness (constant headache, very sore throat), and need to take Neurofen+ to feel in any way normal, and drinking on them just produces unsocial sedation.

I should make it for an hour or two though.

No I think asking random strangers 'are you the folk from the internet that I'm meant to be meeting' is a much better way of determining this.
    Sounds good. Think I might pop in at some stage if your still there

I think some one should wear a hat so we know if your still there or not

• Advertisement

Myth wrote: »
    No I think asking random strangers 'are you the folk from the internet that I'm meant to be meeting' is a much better way of determining this.

I want a hat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I want a hat
    I'll wear a hat.

But that might not be much help as I'll only be there from about 8.30.

I'll wear a hat.

But that might not be much help as I'll only be there from about 8.30.

Happy days

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Looks like I won't be drinking, since I've got what seems to be a bad flu-like illness (constant headache, very sore throat), and need to take Neurofen+ to feel in any way normal, and drinking on them just produces unsocial sedation.

I should make it for an hour or two though.
    I had that! Could barely talk for about a day. Great combination with Freshers' Week.

Whats with students there days? They all seem to have man flu(man flu=/flu).

Back in my day something like man flu wouldnt stop you from going out on a night out. If you have man flu grow a set and come out

Bears?

• Advertisement

Bears?

Its the plural of beer. Little known fact that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

"I would like 6 of your finest bears please. thankyou."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I had that! Could barely talk for about a day. Great combination with Freshers' Week.
    Heh, I've spoken to two other people who have it to.

Fortunately, I woke up today and my headache was all but gone, and my throat wasn't too bad at all! Didn't even need to take any painkillers! \o/

Hmmm.... it's 4:15 and I have to eat dinner before I head out, mightn't be there til 7ish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I better get some grub. I'll see yee around 6.30 or thereabouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Hopefully there'll still be some of ye about after 8.30.

• Advertisement

Euggh, by the time I get home from work... I'm a mebbe.

Euggh, by the time I get home from work... I'm a mebbe.

Dont go home. Simple!

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Heh, I've spoken to two other people who have it to.

Fortunately, I woke up today and my headache was all but gone, and my throat wasn't too bad at all! Didn't even need to take any painkillers! \o/

Hmmm.... it's 4:15 and I have to eat dinner before I head out, mightn't be there til 7ish.
    Yeah... that happened to me too. I woke up on the Friday of Freshers' Week feeling fine, went to my debs, woke up Saturday absolutely dying again.
    Though the debs may have had a factor in that.

Where is every one? Where is the hat?

Im getting some dinner.
    There is no hat.

I'm standing here like a spare tool. I'm 0/2 asking people are you from boards

We're at a table outside, to the right of the steps.

Baza210 wrote: »
    We're at a table outside, to the right of the steps.

That should be easy to find

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I went and left. Couldn't find anyone :(

meh, i havent even left work yet

• Advertisement

Jmcc come back! We're at a double table outside. To the right of steps up to the door.

You're... on boards at a boards beers?

Oh, you do CS don't you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

i would have gone but had training. :(

I'm on my phone, directing lost people. And I do Eng.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

are you talking to me? what tutorial group are you in Baza. just out of interest. im in C2

You're... on boards at a boards beers?

Oh, you do CS don't you? :)

he's an engineer. We have to play it cool so he turns in to the cool kind. Hands off Boston

I have photos kearnsr, you watch it.

Oh and I'm in A8.

Baza210 wrote: »
    I have photos kearnsr, you watch it.

Oh and I'm in A8.

i'm only looking out for yo kid. know your place!

(dont post the photos I'll be ruined!)

We're in Doyle's now. Economist and b.ie are interfacing sensuously. Well, they want to.

• Advertisement

who went in the end?

Advertisement