Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which X-box

• 17-09-2008 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am thinking of buying an X-box, and am wondering which is the one for me.
    I really just want it for light use so am thinking just the arcade version.
    What am I missing out on not buying the pro version?

Don't think I need a hard drive as have a PC already....

Is it possible to upgrade to somehow if I wanted in the future?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

The hard drive for this and your pc wont work the same.

It really depends you said light use, so you should be fine with the arcade but saying that with the price cut the pro is only 40 euro more than what the arcade use to be for the extra storage aswell!

So wait till sometime next week and get the pro for €240. It wont hurt having the HDD.

Hope that helps

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yeah, definitely spend the extra €40 and get the pro when the prices drop.
    You won't be able to download demos of games, trailers etc, and the memory device that comes with the arcade will fill up in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Another vote for the Pro version here. It's better to have too much space than not enough. Once you get it, you might get into gaming/downloading more than you expected, and it'll work out cheaper to already have the drive than to purchase it separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭jack_pearse

Thanks
    Is it possible to upgrade the arcade version and buy a drive seperatly?
    If so what kind of cost are you looking at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

You buy an arcade €180, then you realise hmm I need more space :rolleyes: Your going to be looking at spending €100+ for 120GB HDD which is more than likely going to be alot more than you need.

Total is €280! Seriously go with the pro version its €40 less! Its silly even thinking about upgrading.

The 120GB HDD is a utter ripoff at €100+! You can buy bloody 1TB HDD's for €120 which is 8 1/2 times more space!

sorry rant over..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Anyone know how much trade in deals would be for the pro then? Finding my 20 GB hdd to be too small these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,620 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Moiph wrote: »
    Anyone know how much trade in deals would be for the pro then? Finding my 20 GB hdd to be too small these days

i know for a elite its 235 euro to trade in but thats before friday so it will come down alot after friday

no sure about the pro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

It should be even less for the pro then, thats not too bad. But if I trade in how would I transfer the data from my original hdd to the new one?

Advertisement