Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MOT V5

Options
  • 17-09-2008 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

I wanted to check my MOT history on the VOSA web site for my imported 96 e36 but i failed because i do not have the document reference number from the V5C Registration Certificate issued by the DVLA (www.dvla.gov.uk.)

http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/internet/jsp/ECHID-Internet-History-Request.jsp

so i sent a mail to VOSA with the UK reg and the VIN number requesting the v5 number for this document because i never got it when i bought the car which was already imported, i got the following reply
    VOSA wrote:
    Unfortunately, we are unable to issue the MOT status of a vehicle from just
    a registration. Without either the test number from the V5 or the test
    number from the MOT we are unable to provide any further information.

i have the last MOT cert issued but would like to see the others that we issued in previous years
    So does anyone know how i would go about getting the document reference number from the V5C Registration Certificate issued by the DVLA (www.dvla.gov.uk.)???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You didnt get the V5 at all? (the ref number is on the front)

Did you try where it was bought from ? I assume its a garage /privately bought here?

I was just doing this today funnily enough for my 2000 Xantia. All checks came back ok when I was buying and it had a current MOT (expired in Aug).

When I pulled up the check it's only showing an 2 MOT's. One from 14/8/06 and the last one on 15/8/07. I think I'm right inthinking it should have one listed for 03,04,05 as well as 06 & 07. It had one owner fom new till after the last MOT with a FSH so cant se why it wouldnt have been MOT'd.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get copies of old MOT certs?(just for my own ref and to include with all my docs and receipts etc)

Sorry for the hijack btw. It all just flowed when I started typing.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

i got no V5 from the guy i bough it off (privatly)

i recall looking up the VOSA site before and i believe there was a much more detailed description on there of what happened in the test ans what was replaced now it just shows is
    Registration Mark: PXXXXX
    Make of the vehicle: BMW
    Model of the vehicle: XXXX
    Test Result: Certificate Issued (Pass)
    Colour of the vehicle: WHITE
    Date of test: 09/08/2006
    Expiry date: 08/08/2007
    Odometer Reading: 52290 Miles
    VTS undertaking the test: 047XXX
    VTS telephone number: 011XXXXXXXX

not a whole lot of info TBH. i think i saw that the brake lines were replced or something - maybe this info is only kept for a certain amount of time

As for getting the OLD MOT certs - id doubt it.
    try contacting VOSA.
    i just rang the DVLA and its after 7 in the evening and someone actually answered and said " they cant release previous V5C Doc numbers!
    contact your local DVLA office! - will i ring shannon now eh :) wonder if there would be someone there :rolleyes:

Advertisement