Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arturia & protools

Options
  • 17-09-2008 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Anybody hear of a problem with Arturia softsynths crasing Protools 7.4.

When i add one of the synths as an instrument and then play it, its locks up the computer and i have to restart it.

It will work if i dont have much going on but when i have a couple of tracks running thats when it locks up. Seems like its dragging to much juice from the cpu but i have plenty of cpu and memory to go around.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

freddyf wrote: »
    Anybody hear of a problem with Arturia softsynths crasing Protools 7.4.

When i add one of the synths as an instrument and then play it, its locks up the computer and i have to restart it.

It will work if i dont have much going on but when i have a couple of tracks running thats when it locks up. Seems like its dragging to much juice from the cpu but i have plenty of cpu and memory to go around.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Up your buffer size in pro tools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

I have their moog software synth and it works fine, many other of my vsts crash it though!:mad: one must thread carefully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

empirix wrote: »
    I have their moog software synth and it works fine, many other of my vsts crash it though!:mad: one must thread carefully

It may come down to many factors:

Is the plug in legit and up to date or is it cracked?

What exactly are your computer specs?

Have you scanned your computer for adware or spyware or trojans?

May I suggest rolling back to pro tools 7.3 and observe if the problem continues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

pro-tools 7.4 is a little buggy with a lot of stuff - like dav said, try 7.3 if you can live without elastic audio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭freddyf

Thanks for the replys.

I only have 7.4 so cant go back.

Arturia have released updates for there synths and i have been sent a windows update for dual core processers. But i have not tried any. I will post up if it works.

I have spectrasonics trilogy and atmosphere and they power through. Never had a problem with them.

Ill keep trying

• Advertisement
Advertisement