Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Heavy: The Story Of Metal

• 17-09-2008 7:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭

I've been watching this on mtv2 this week. It's pretty good and features interviews with all Metal Legends and Some "old school" Metal Journalists.

Tonight part 3 is on at 11 should include thrash and late 90's tonight.

I meant to post this up yesterday (sorry!)

Has anyone seen it before?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I saw episode 3 and 4,pretty good alrite,episode 3 is on again tonite I think,wish they'd show episode 1 and 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

I saw episode 3 and 4,pretty good alrite,episode 3 is on again tonite I think,wish they'd show episode 1 and 2.

That was monday and tuesday. They were good.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

every time i watch this its always the episode with Twisted sister. Can never seem to catch another episode.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

every time i watch this its always the episode with Twisted sister. Can never seem to catch another episode.

same here whenever i flick through its usually the last part i get to see,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I hate twisted sister, but ya gotta love dee snider after that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

This programs repeated every so often, first time I saw it I got the nark about how highly they rated Judas Priest amongst the other superGods of Metal, and opened a thread on it. There was a fairly lively thread about it at the time

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055295783&highlight=judas+priest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Watched all the episodes the other night, good enough actually. Really disappointed with how little they covered thrash/speed metal though considering the impact it had.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

Léan wrote: »
    Watched all the episodes the other night, good enough actually. Really disappointed with how little they covered thrash/speed metal though considering the impact it had.:(

Yeah I agree, they spent basically a whole hour on glam and twisted sister :mad: and 20-25 minutes on Thrash/Speed :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭dasdog

I posted a thread a month or so ago about a documentary called "Get Thrashed" which was released on DVD the other day. Full length documentary which I've just watched (ya gotta to love the interweb). It's very much focussed on the American scene from ~ 83-89 but well worth watching.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dasdog wrote: »
    I posted a thread a month or so ago about a documentary called "Get Thrashed" which was released on DVD the other day. Full length documentary which I've just watched (ya gotta to love the interweb). It's very much focussed on the American scene from ~ 83-89 but well worth watching.

Where did you get it from,cant seem to get it anywhere online :confused:.

• Advertisement
Advertisement