Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commuting from Greystones to Carrickmines

• 17-09-2008 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi there,

I've recently got a part time job in PC World in Carrickmines Park, and I'm wondering if someone familiar with the area can help me?

I've been told getting the 84 to Stillorgan, and then getting the 63 to Ballyogan would be my best option, To be honest I'm not familiar with Ballyogan, or the bus stops in Stillorgan. I'm wondering is this the best way to get in to Carrickmines park, and is there a stop near enough to the park?

Any info would be VERY helpful.

Thanks,

Tim

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

A tricky one to get to from Greystones.

A car would be the easiest option if no car try Dublin Bus web site.

Shout be able to find rout there.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/home/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Goin via Stillorgan is very out of the way and then you're also relying on the reliabilty of the 84...

Car really is the only option. Maybe some people car-share?

If has to be bus, maybe it's feasible / quicker to get off at Cornelscourt and walk from there? Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

SofaK wrote: »
    Goin via Stillorgan is very out of the way and then you're also relying on the reliabilty of the 84...

Car really is the only option. Maybe some people car-share?

If has to be bus, maybe it's feasible / quicker to get off at Cornelscourt and walk from there? Probably not.

Yeah I'm learning how to drive at them moment, but won't have my license for a few months :(

The 84 looks, OK, but its the 63 that looks dodgy and infrequent.

Cheers for the info guys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Oh, get the 84X express instead of the 84. Much quicker obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭fletch

SofaK wrote: »
    You'd have a fairly long and uphill walk...I wouldn't advise it. What about getting a moped?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

This is a VERY tricky place to get to by public transport.

But, if you have to get a bus you do not have to go all the way to Stillorgan.

You can take the 84 or 84X to Cornelscourt Cross (junction of Bray Road and Clonkeen Road) and then take the 63 from the stub of Clonkeen Road between the dual carriageway and the old Bray Road (in the south facing direction) which will bring you to near the Retail Park.

However, you'll need to judge it very well as the 63 is very infrequent.

Times are at:

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=84
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=84x
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=63

The 63 would take about 40 minutes (appx) to get to Cornelscourt from the city centre, and about another 10-15 minutes to get to the Retail Park.

As the previous poster states, it would be a long walk up a very steep hill from Cornelscourt if you miss the 63!

Also, bear in mind that for the 1045 and 1200 63 from Mountjoy Square you would need to go as far as Foxrock Church as they operate via Westminster Road and Foxrock Village rather than operating via Cornelscourt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

of course the Luas will be going right past this place - not much use to you now though (actually even when it opens it won't make things much easier from Greystones).

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

Thanks guys, I'll be able to get a lift some of the days, so I'll get busses the other days. I'm also going to college in Dun Laoghaire, so I can get the bus up to Cherrywood park, and make my way from there.

This is a very big incentive to learn to drive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dexterm99

Another option would be to get the dart from Greystones to Bray/Shankill and use one of the Cherrywood feeder buses that bring employees to the Cherrywood science and technology park where Dell and others are. Although I don't know the times of these, they are quite frequent. Then make your way from there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Was up that neck of the woods earlier and there doesn't seem to be any bus stops at the entrance. I did see a 63 bus pass it though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement