Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cry me a RvR

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Kiith wrote: »
    Woohoo, Guild rank 3 tonight. Dont think we are going to keep this speed up somehow, but there was some nice pvping today. We need to organise some guild events soon. Just some basic RvR when we are all in a similar levelled area.

Stop dying damnit! /me revives :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Vickers

Jaded would like to join.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

R0ot wrote: »
    Stop dying damnit! /me revives :pac:
    But i like charging into a group of 15+ order, and relying on you to bail me out...isn't that what tanks are supposed to do? And you do it so well :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

just do what i did, head to chapter 3 and get 30 odd kills then bugger off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to point out that my Chat\Guild\Party is minimized so I miss alot of the chat sometimes, depending on if im playing off my laptop or home pc. If anyone is ever trying to contact me quickly, spam /whispers to me because I seem to notice the Dark blue chat more than the rest.

and apologies in advance if I miss someone.

Good to see you all lvling so fast by the way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

i'll send invitations to the others when the servers are back up

Pm me ingame aswell if you want to join

ingame login = Marideus

The guild is at lvl 3 right now and we should hit 6 or 7 by monday evening if we get a few more players.

as it stands now we ONLY have Boardsies in the guild but i think we should open it to friends of boardsies and friends we make ingame
    we really need to boost our guild rank for extra fun :P

so i think we should just try and recruit alot more over the next few days i would really apprpeciate it. also i could maybe give you powers to invite Guildies but i won't give the power to just anyone yet.

The guild tax rate is set at 10% for now just to see how things go , i can lower or higher it once we get a better picture.you can also tax yourself(tithe) mine is at 20% so altogether im being taxed 30% of all coins i get.

also if anybody has any good ideas for the guild let me know, i need some people to step up and help the lower lvl people and answer questions with me.

Rev also has a vent server ( until we find our own i think?)
    it comes in handy for RvR especially and its alot easier to go about things.
    so anybody can join it really as long as they behave themselves :D
    theres a thread about the vent server so get the details and join, if nobody is on just send a few messages into guild chat and im sure a few will pop on.

Ya, i agree about inviting friends and randoms who seem to know what they are doing (I think its great that we have such a good turn out from the boards.ie guys though). Our guild name is quite good, so we'll get plenty of people who will join. We also need to do some guild events soon, maybe when more people get into Tier 2?

I wont be able to play much this weekend, as i'm working 7-7 fri-sun, but i'll be on pretty much all next week. So i'll catch up with you all then.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

this is definatly geared towards big guild warfair, you might say its the true guild wars...

looking through the guild ranks you can have guild alliences and you get buffs for doing RvR and other cool stuff. check out lvl 39 they have a spot for something they have not decided on yet

It definatly makes guilds more then just another name on the screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I would like to join your guild. Eruantiel is the name, I am only a begining to play today.

you must be online for me to send an invite into the guild. so next time your on just send me a message saying can you join the guild and ill add you then.

guild reached rank 4 tonight, had a look in the vault at where the tax was going to. also had a great RvR session tonight at a keep in Barak Varr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

My Orc would like to join as well :-)

name : generious

guild reached rank 4 tonight, had a look in the vault at where the tax was going to. also had a great RvR session tonight at a keep in Barak Varr.
    Bah, annoyed i missed that, but i had a 27 minute queue, followed by a DC, and then i wasnt willing to wait another 25 minutes. Went to bed instead. Will be online tonight though. Does the guild vault get visibly richer (i.e. gold all over the floors)...cause that would be cool. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Not that I'm complaining (well, I guess I am. I'm cheap like that), but what exactly is the guild tax for?

humanji wrote: »
    Not that I'm complaining (well, I guess I am. I'm cheap like that), but what exactly is the guild tax for?

guild standards, keeps and lots more bonuses we will unlock when we level up the guild.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Ah right.

Oh, and I just found out that there's already a guild of the same name on the US servers: http://www.wardb.com/guild.aspx?id=2765

They stole it from us. ****ers (i have no idea if they did, but whatever)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

whatduck wrote: »
    This is a PvP game, it just so happens that the devs happened to screw up the chicken mechanic on Open servers, hence making them places that many people who would have liked to play on an Open server roll Core.

If you want excitement, flag yourself for RvR, you can have it on 24/7 just like an Open server you just have the option of turning it off and not limiting yourself to whatever Tier your in.

With Open you can't help your lowbie friends, can't go around exploring and getting all the tome unlocks you missed, its very limiting.

LoL, if you want excitement, flag yourself for excitment. Then other excitement seekers can run up to you and you can have an exciting time together? "Hi, are you available to be killed?", "yes, but only on tuesdays and thursdays", "oh right".

That isn't exciting.

As for the tiers, well there is a lot of room for level difference in the tiers. So for example you can play in tier 1 all the way to level 20, so helping your low level mates isn't a problem. If anything, open is less limited in that regard. You can't play the scenarios past level 12 though. But the non instanced rvr is fine, no chicken poly till you hit 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Da Bounca wrote: »
    LoL, if you want excitement, flag yourself for excitment. Then other excitement seekers can run up to you and you can have an exciting time together? "Hi, are you available to be killed?", "yes, but only on tuesdays and thursdays", "oh right".

That isn't exciting.

As for the tiers, well there is a lot of room for level difference in the tiers. So for example you can play in tier 1 rall the way to level 20, so helping your low level mates isn't a problem. If anything, open is less limited in that regard. You can't play the scenarios past level 12 though. But the non instanced rvr is fine, no chicken poly till you hit 21.

You said Open RvR adds so much excitement to the game, I assumed you meant the fact that you could be attacked at any time while your questing, I could care less about not being able to go gank someone while they're killing a mob and thinking I'm great. I liked open world PvP in WoW because battle grounds and arena's were crap. I don't see much point in it in WAR because theres so many fun ways you can RvR.

Really the only thing thats missing from Core is the ganking, this game is all about PvP.

Also, yay they borked the chicken mechanic even more now, level 21's can go around ganking level 4's which is exactly what the chicken mechanic is meant to prevent. Helping your lower level mates isnt a problem? What if your level 40 and you want to boost your mate who's in tier 1? That is a problem.

Funny thing is they just need to change the chicken mechanic a bit and none of these things would be a problem.

Open RvR provides more player freedom, excitement, and frustration.

Core is for players who want their PvE and RvR seperate and manageable.
    I have no problem with that, and I can see why people would like that.

The game is set in a WAR. Logically, there would be very few safe zones, and no option to flag yourself for fighting. It would be around every corner.
    You're saying the game is all about PvP, and then you say that Core is set up better for that. It's a plain and simple contradiction.

If you get turned into a chicken, then it's because you are an unreasonable level for the zone you are in. You can't really get fairer than that.

You call it ganking, I call it part of the war effort/being alert to roaming enemies. Don't forget that it provides both experience points and renown!

If you really want to help your level 1 friend, roll a new character yourself. Hell you will probably learn new aspects of the game.

My original point though: disband the guild and re-roll it on an RvR server. The name of the guild currently makes you all look foolish.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

The game is set in a WAR. Logically, there would be very few safe zones, and no option to flag yourself for fighting. It would be around every corner.
    You're saying the game is all about PvP, and then you say that Core is set up better for that. It's a plain and simple contradiction.

If you get turned into a chicken, then it's because you are an unreasonable level for the zone you are in. You can't really get fairer than that.

You call it ganking, I call it part of the war effort/being alert to roaming enemies. Don't forget that it provides both experience points and renown!

If you really want to help your level 1 friend, roll a new character yourself. Hell you will probably learn new aspects of the game.

My original point though: disband the guild and re-roll it on an RvR server. The name of the guild currently makes you all look foolish.

Well I said nowhere that Open is set up worse for PvP so I don't know where your your reading that. I'm only against Open servers because of the way the chicken mechanic works at the moment, and that Open servers have things that I won't really miss.

You say "If you get turned into a chicken, then it's because you are an unreasonable level for the zone you are in. You can't really get fairer than that." How is a level 31 killing a level 12 fair? I see no difference between that and a level 40 killing them, its just lowbie griefing and its what the chickening is meant to prevent.

You say that Open gives more freedom and to certain extent this is true, but in another way it is not. You have no freedom to explore the game world and get tome unlocks if your too high level for the tier.

Play the game how you enjoy it, if you like Open play on Open but until they change the chicken mechanic (if they ever do) Open will be crap for me.

• Advertisement

Well I said nowhere that Open is set up worse for PvP so I don't know where your your reading that.
    Really the only thing thats missing from Core is the ganking, this game is all about PvP.

Maybe I misinterpreted, sorry.

The tier system is set up so that you can enter into the tier one level below you. It's straight forward. The chicken issue should never really come into it.
    By having a flag system, you are missing out on the opportunity to be involved in fights of opportunity. When you're deep in the forest and you and an enemy are after the same mob and you have to fight to the death or run like a scared cat. Or doing a raid deep into the enemy territory and causing havoc. Those kind of events are priceless gaming moments that you should savour.
    You will allways get gankers and level abusers, but the content and potential encounters that the open RvR provides is worth 10 times the pain that you may have to go through once in a while.

As for the exploring factor. Why not explore the areas completely when you are the proper level for the area? Not only that, but you have a full teir in which to come back and explore the area further... I mean, what more can you want?

I don't endorse grieifng in the form that you are saying, level 30s beating on 10s and such. There is nothing wrong with equal level ganking though, especially if you are in territory that doesn't belong to you and has you at a massive respawn disadvantage, and not to mention the sheer amount of enemy players that would be in the locale.

You are right though, each to his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Wow. You are annoying.

Tusky wrote: »
    Wow. You are annoying.

wtf?

Well the last thing I want to do is annoy you. God forbid. You ****in moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Tusky wrote: »
    Wow. You are annoying.

Unforuntatly the Snore-asaurus-rex got me half way through reading the dribble...

wtf?

Well the last thing I want to do is annoy you. God forbid. You ****in moron.

seriously cop on for yourself. this thread is about the guild Cry me a RvR and not about whatever you 2 morons are jibbing about. keep on topic and if you want to fight with that other guy take it to a different thread or the thunderdrome.

Thunderdrome! Thunderdrome! Thunderdrome!

On topic, we should arrange to do something later this evening.

Thunderdrome! Thunderdrome! Thunderdrome!

On topic, we should arrange to do something later this evening.

at 4 o clock a few of us (6 minimum) are going to the seculum dungeons in the inevitable city if your up for it?

and then at 8-12 is usualy the time we rvr

Bah...i'm in work till 7pm, and wont be online till after 8pm. I'll be up for plenty of RvR, although i do plan on rolling a Magus or Shaman tonight as well.

Bah...i'm in work till 7pm, and wont be online till after 8pm. I'll be up for plenty of RvR, although i do plan on rolling a Magus or Shaman tonight as well.

healer would be great :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Also - if anyone wants an invite to the guild and head honcho isnt online, you can send me a msg in game and I'll invite you. Name - Django.

Advertisement