Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need to setup a network, but can't figure out how.

Options
  • 17-09-2008 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Right i'm trying to setup a netork between my friends and myselfs pc. Both have vista and ice broadband installed. We live in the same flat, therefore on the same signal, which intails that both of us can see but not access each other, among other people.

So does anyone know a scure way to have just our two pc's in a network??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

What do you want to do with the network? Share files? Play games on your local network (LAN)?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭niemad

i want to be able to transfer files between the two pc's.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

niemad wrote: »
    i want to be able to transfer files between the two pc's.

I don't use vista, but have a read of the link I posted previously. If you're both in the same flat I would guess that you're connected to the same router? If so, the guide should be pretty much what you need to do. When they say "Disconnect the Internet" before turning off your firewall at the start, they mean disconnect the router from the internet but leave your computers connected to the router via the LAN ports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55160890&postcount=2

Give a look at the pdf attached to that post it should help you along. Covers both Windows XP and Vista.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭niemad

Thanks for the help, hopefully this will work :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Head wrecked yet damo?

Advertisement