Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in A God?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Jesus Loves You

Crock of ****e...the whole god thing is a way of keeping people under control.
    At the start it was kings/queens/sun/moon/dogs/cats/snakes etc.
    At people became more advanced something better and believeable was needed to keep people under control.
    So Jesus was invented. Very handy huh?
    The idea of this benevolent God waiting for you when you die.
    You only have to look at the hundreds of thousands of people killed each year to know there's no God..and if there was he's a sick sense of humour.
    You know what pisses me off? The fact that when I die..that's it..there's nothing there..and I won't be even able to say "MR..you were dead fookin right".

I did ask that we not confuse God and Religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

You miss understood the question.

I don't see how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    maybe. just maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

Sorry, its pure cynicism, and its beyond my control :o

Take a step back.

You sit in front of a wonderful invention and think nothing of it as you put your words in places for many to see.

and a whole new gateway for paedophiles and sickos to communicate, and possibly organise **** WORLD WIDE
    Can there not be one who is even more ahead of you? us even?

If there is he'd want to come up with somethin to cure the state of us, and fast,he cant be that far ahead, we're sendin **** into space lookin for him ffs

Does the world stop with your comprehension or is there more?

The world doesnt stop, full stop...and human comprehension is keeping up with that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 sunstar

i think about this question alot.

i think of all the suffering in the world...some terrible inhumane things happen to people for no reason such as starvation in africa...lately i seen a documentary on cherlnobyl and the suffering on the children...its just not right.bad things always happen to good people in every day life.i find it hard to believe that a god could exist and let this happen.but then i think what if he does exist and can do nothing to help...

or another thing if god created the world how come it took thousands of years for christianity to develop or his son to come down to the world and tell everyone?

and then i think of miracles that have happened to people who are cured with no medical explanation.and then theres the apparitions people have seen.i actually was scared when i read about the children in megigore ( sorry sp?) who witnessed our lady.like how can they be making this up?

and then i think of the hundreds of millions who beleive in other gods.like its not just a simple case of believing in one god or nothing.how do we know we are even believing in the one true god if we really beleive god does exist?i know faith is the obvious answer to some...

i suppose i have to beleive in everything.because nothing makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Jay P wrote: »
    ...I just think there's something there, I dunno what it is though.
    It's me. I watch you sleep.

Dudess wrote: »
    And I don't buy the free will argument. Surely god could have shoved his principles aside and intervened a lot earlier than e.g. 6 million people. Also free will does not explain Hurricane Katrina, the tsunami etc.

Way back before you were born the lives of 150,000 people lost to floods would have been a a big thing.

Sadly no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

No, of course I don't.

sunstar wrote: »
    i think about this question alot.

i think of all the suffering in the world...some terrible inhumane things happen to people for no reason such as starvation in africa...lately i seen a documentary on cherlnobyl and the suffering on the children...its just not right.bad things always happen to good people in every day life.i find it hard to believe that a god could exist and let this happen.but then i think what if he does exist and can do nothing to help...

or another thing if god created the world how come it took thousands of years for christianity to develop or his son to come down to the world and tell everyone?

and then i think of miracles that have happened to people who are cured with no medical explanation.and then theres the apparitions people have seen.i actually was scared when i read about the children in megigore ( sorry sp?) who witnessed our lady.like how can they be making this up?

and then i think of the hundreds of millions who beleive in other gods.like its not just a simple case of believing in one god or nothing.how do we know we are even believing in the one true god if we really beleive god does exist?i know faith is the obvious answer to some...

i suppose i have to beleive in everything.because nothing makes sense.

God is your Earth, in many ways. Like your skin and body takes infection so does the earth, Your God is all around you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

djpbarry wrote: »
    It's me. I watch you sleep.

Santa?...

• Advertisement

God is your Earth, in many ways. Like your skin and body takes infection so does the earth, Your God is all around you.
    i would like a response, you can't pick and choose your battles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

OP, is it true your imaginary friend is called god?

Mirror wrote: »
    i would like a response, you can't pick and choose your battles.

Please ask your question again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 sunstar

sometimes i think that too.especially in nature watching a beautiful sunset or sunrise or even the stars.it can be so overwhelming.there has to be a higher power somewhere...

Please ask your question again?
    no?

<=== my post is back there

invention? you assume this world was "invented".

it's a moot query in my opinion. whether the belief be in your god or "A" god, there is still no proof for either case. where does this power reside? how does this power reside? and if you were this power, do you have friends? if not, why would you be content with going unnoticed? i'd sure as **** make sure people new i was there. otherwise, what am i doing? what is my purpose?

I found your question :)

There is no me.

Your purpose is what you want it to be. You have free will.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

God is nonsense. He doesn't exist. There is nothing to suggest he exists. There is nothing to require him to exist.

So, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

What the hell with the god thing again? I thought we'd all moved on from silly superstitions and childrens scare stories...

No, there is no god. End. It's time the human race woke up.

sunstar wrote: »
    sometimes i think that too.especially in nature watching a beautiful sunset or sunrise or even the stars.it can be so overwhelming.there has to be a higher power somewhere...

Why does there have to be a higher power?

• Advertisement

Mena wrote: »
    What the hell with the god thing again? I thought we'd all moved on from silly superstitions and childrens scare stories...

No, there is no god. End. It's time the human race woke up.

What should we wake up to, Mena?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Jay P wrote: »
    Santa?...
    Shhh Shhh Shhh...

Back to sleep my precious.

I found your question :)

There is no me.

Your purpose is what you want it to be. You have free will.
    you misunderstood my post entirely and failed to respond satisfactorily, you have lost any respect you might have deserved and i look forward to the day you are removed from this site :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

I AM GOD.

A SEX GOD.

Kneel before me ladies of boards.ie

Im also very clearly an as$hole.

What should we wake up to, Mena?

..to the reality that god doesn't exist and that it's all a big fairytale made up by people who had no grasp on the reality of science 2000 years ago, and then some.

OH!! BIG FLAME IN SKY!! MUST BE GOD!!

Meanwhile, back in reality.

"It's just the sun."

you misunderstood my post entirely and failed to respond satisfactorily, you have lost any respect you might have deserved and i look forward to the day you are removed from this site :)

I'm sorry I failed to respond correctly. I will miss your respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Nope. Not even a little bit. As one great pagan put it: "It just is."

John wrote: »
    Nope. Not even a little bit. As one great pagan put it: "It just is."

There are great pagans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I thought everyone got the email that we were now to use global warming
    to scare people and that god and the associated 'fear of god' was to be
    retired.

• Advertisement

I thought everyone got the email that we were now to use global warming
    to scare people and that god and the associated 'fear of god' was to be
    retired.

It is called climate change. Read up bit.

Advertisement