Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

selling car - quick questions!

Options
  • 17-09-2008 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hi there,

trying to sell my car privately at the moment, without much success.....

am leaving the country soon, so need to get rid asap. car is 06, perfect...

just wondering does anybody know of any garages in the south east who might take the car without a trade in being required?

also, apart from the vehicle registration cert, what other documents should be handed over to the punter when selling the car?

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

You don't hand over any docs when selling privately, make sure you fill out the change of ownership and you send it away, otherwise you are liable for all fines from the car.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Did you try advertiseing it(if you did i hope you gave more details than its 06

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kwikkchick

lol i did indeed!!!

have it up on carzone etc. etc. .... i realise the market is very slow at the moment but just wondering are there any garages/dealerships that do that type of thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

anyone that will buy it from you will want to do so at such a level that they:

A) make profit

B) minimise risk

C) get the car sold quickly

All this means they'll give you thousands less than you're advertising it for now.
    You could just drop your price. PM me the link to the ad and I'll tell you what I think of the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kwikkchick

Hi,

Here is the link.. i was the cheapest private 307 at one point, but now other people seem to have dropped their prices further.... :-(

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Peugeot/307/ST-1.4/1185060/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

if you need to sell quickly it needs to be the cheapest

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

please see the "help selling my car" thread ...all your questions have been answered before

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement