Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Tram Bouncing" Craze

• 17-09-2008 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

I was told by a friend of mine last week that some of the local scobies on the red Luas line have taken to what's apparently called "tram bouncing" - it's where one of the said scobies runs at the moving Luas and "bounces" their bodies off the doors.

I didn't believe it myself until I saw on kid do it up near the Rialto Luas stop. He bounced and then fell on his arse on the grass at the side of the track. I was kicking myself I didn't get video of it.

At least they're getting some exercise! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

that is the single stupidist idea ive ever heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I say let them - there's a chance that they'll misjudge it, fall in front of the tram and get run over.
    Which would serve the little scumbags right.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭i didn't do it

I say let them - there's a chance that they'll misjudge it, fall in front of the tram and get run over.
    Which would serve the little scumbags right.

It would. untill the driver gets done for murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Why th ehell would a driver get done for murder? For a start the kid would have "fallen" under it by acting the prick. secondly unless they prove he went out with the intention of running over the kid ( hard in something stuck on rails) , doing him for murder would be a non runner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I don't think you understand what murder is.
    As said, you have to prove the driver set out to kill them.
    You wouldn't even get manslaughter for this.

When I read this thread, the first thing I thought about was they'd trip and lose their arms under the Luas. Good enough for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

magnificent fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Duckjob wrote: »
    Think there would definitley be some of the stupidest nominees ever for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Think there would definitley be some of the stupidest nominees ever for them

Is that not the point of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

A cousin of my wife drives trains in the US. He has had about a half dozen people jump in front of his train. Nothing he can do considering a train that is about a mile long will probably take about a mile to stop. Its part of the job.

Anyway the Luas is no where near as long or heavy but im sure it can not instantly stop so there is no way a tram driver could get done for any sort of murder/manslaughter.. Its not like he can aim for the scummers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭i didn't do it

with the justice system in this country probably would happen though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Dig up..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

u telling me uv never been standing at the side of a road when a bus or train is passing slowly and thought "surely it wouldnt hurt if i just took a bounce off it?". I'v said this to my mates before and they've all thought it at some stage too. first i heard people were actually doing it though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

This is becoming exponential fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

zuroph wrote: »
    u telling me uv never been standing at the side of a road when a bus or train is passing slowly and thought "surely it wouldnt hurt if i just took a bounce off it?". I'v said this to my mates before and they've all thought it at some stage too. first i heard people were actually doing it though.

Y'know what? No, it's never a thought that's occurred to me, thankfully. Can't imagine a single reason it would.

"Don't play in/with traffic" is just one of those principles that works for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Y'know what? No, it's never a thought that's occurred to me, thankfully. Can't imagine a single reason it would.

Solid advice there.

I'd say let them at it, but what we'll probably have is the bleedin hearts coming out saying that we need to stop this pactice i.e. employing security crowd to patrol the tracks.. then bang and your Luas fare goes up by 10% per journey.

Cheers for that you fuckwits.

Nah, just electrify the outside of the tram like a riot control vehicle, so then the passengers are treated to a nice smell of cooking when one of the gobshítes tries it, and the gene pool is a little richer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

connundrum wrote: »
    Solid advice there.

I'd say let them at it, but what we'll probably have is the bleedin hearts coming out saying that we need to stop this pactice i.e. employing security crowd to patrol the tracks.. then bang and your Luas fare goes up by 10% per journey.

Cheers for that you fuckwits.
    Just put an 2"x2" angle iron brace on the inside of a few of the doors. They will be in for a shock when they try to bounce from these. :D

Ehm....no, I can honestly say I have never thought that.

Clearly you too remember the Safe Cross Code! :D

ALL TOGETHER NOW:

"Remember:
    1. Look for a safe place....."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

squares! :p

• Advertisement

Clearly you too remember the Safe Cross Code! :D

People really shouldn't need to be taught these things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If it wastes a couple of the skangers who live along the red line of the Luas I'm all for it.

People really shouldn't need to be taught these things!

Never overestimate the intelligence of people.
    Especially children - they are generally a rather stupid species!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

squares! :p

Yeah, and squares don't bounce. It's clearly jealousy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

This isn't purely a "scobie/skanger" thing.

I knew a gang of lads from Gonzaga who were doing this at the Luas around Harcourt St one night.

Snobs can be stupid too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Stupidity is a great leveller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

This isn't purely a "scobie/skanger" thing.

I knew a gang of lads from Gonzaga who were doing this at the Luas around Harcourt St one night.

Either way.
    When they start falling under trains at least we wont have either end of the spectrum diluting the gene pool anymore....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I think they should be applauded.

they're doing something that could remove them from the gene pool. lets just encourage them as much as we can.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭binhead

The drivers should have rapid fire buttons that open the said door at speed allowing the "bouncer" to fly into the luas, a second of confusion/relief crosses it's tiny mind until the driver rapid fires! the second door open allowing the still moving Bouncer to fly out into the face of a luas coming in the opposite direction.

That, I'd pay to see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ToeRag881

lets shoot them

Advertisement