Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying UK import from selling agent

Options
  • 17-09-2008 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭

I've got a 2005 320d lined up to import, I'm going to look at it tomorrow and on the face of it looks like a car I'm very interested in.

The only thing that is deterring me is that it is being sold by an agent on behalf of BMW financial leasing, so it's an ex-company car. There are only 25k miles on it, and it's a 2005, so I'm not too worried, just the salesman (because essentially that's all he is) won't stand over it or give me a guarantee of any kind as it's not his car. The website of the operation seems pretty professional so I don't think he's some sort of cowboy knocking out bandy cars.

It's not been serviced in over a year (at 15k), but then again if I owned it then, I may not have serviced it by now, so I've really little information on what state it is in now.

I've tried to do a HPI check but www.mycarcheck.com is saying it is not on it's database, and www.hpicheck.com is refusing my request as I need a UK address.

Does anyone else know of good sites to do a car check? Or any thoughts on how cagey I should be about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Just lash in any UK postcode for the address.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Phone HPI and ask for a RAC check, it's the same thing and it costs £5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    Just lash in any UK postcode for the address.
    I tried this but it still didn't work as I need to enter my credit card address as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There are thousands of 3 Series over in the UK for sale, why settle for one which has unknown basic checks?

Advertisement