Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good coffee abroad thread

• 17-09-2008 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

So....I'm just back from Iran. Yes, Iran. Actually a really nice place. Not at all evil. :) Lovely people, lovely food, scorching hot ladies.....but absolutely terrible coffee.

So....it got me thinking.....we all travel. How about sharing the wealth of knowledge about countries you've been in. That way, anyone on here who travels abroad can search this thread and save themselves from terrible coffee.

I found one decent coffee shop in Tehran: Mint Café on Ghandi Street.

Also, moderate to decent coffee and savage pastries to be had in the pastry shop in the Eskan centre on Vali-ey-asser street.

I expect it to take years for this thread to be useful, so ressurect at will. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Hotel Parque Central in Old Havana for excellent coffee (surprisingly it can
    be difficult to get decent coffee in Cuba due to the difficulty in sourcing
    replacement parts for espresso machines and the good beans getting exported).

Another good spot is La Casa del Cafe just off Plaza del Armas.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

There's a café at the flower market in Amsterdam, the coffee was superb as I remember it.

BTW, it wasn't that type of café.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 columf2008

theres a little bar by the train station in certaldo Tuscany where they do beautyful espresso

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭leiwand

an institution called cafe demel in vienna .amazing interior and fabulous kleiner schwarzer(expresso)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Hotel Parque Central in Old Havana for excellent coffee

I stayed there. :D Crackin' hotel.

Mr. Magnolia: Sure, sure. We believe you.

edit: I should say.....It's good to be home. The coffee in my house is delicious. :) I think you can take home made coffee for granted sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Cafenation in Antwerp is one of the few places to get good coffee in that otherwise wonderful city.

Advertisement