Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixie For Sale

Options
  • 17-09-2008 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

I am sadly going to have to put my fixie up for sale as my commute has got longer and I need to pay of some debts caused by buying to many bikes. It was an old track frame (Dont know make) that was lovingly built up by a friend and then sold to me as he did not use it any more. Pictures of it can be seen at:-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ollietrex/sets/72157606480794454/

2806332995_422b5fdf73.jpg?v=0

This is it in its current state as it has had a new front break installed since a lot of the photo's werre taken. I will put some better quality pictures up but its a bit dark at the moment.

18inch reynolds butted frame
    Richey DS Pro front wheel with Contiental Ultra Gator Skin Tyre
    Shimano 105 break leaver and I have the other one as well
    Dura Ace Head Set
    Campagnolo Record Rear Hub
    Specialized Saddle

Looking for about 225 ono...

Email me at oliver.castle@tribeguru.com or PM me here. I live in Dundrum if you want to come and have a look or during the day I am over near Ash town gate in the pheonix park.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I won't have any cash til Friday and then i'm away for the weekend. But if its still going when i come back i'd say i'll be interested.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

btw 18" road frame, is that for fairly short folks, or is it the geometry quite compact? What height are you, ollietrex?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    I won't have any cash til Friday and then i'm away for the weekend. But if its still going when i come back i'd say i'll be interested.

That's very committed of you Davy :D
    I reckon it'll be gone long before that, at that price. Very nice bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Em, should this not be in adverts.ie??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

It could be, but then the unwashed masses would be able to get their hands on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

That place is useless. You'll get actual genuine interest here.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ollietrex

Its an 18 inch frame which is about a 56 cm, I am 5ft 7 and its a little big for me as I would normally ride a 54cm road bike. I am not sure about the geometry as I am a mountain biker by trade, but the back wheel is a little larger than the front which might attribute for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

ollietrex wrote: »
    Its an 18 inch frame which is about a 56 cm, I am 5ft 7 and its a little big for me as I would normally ride a 54cm road bike. I am not sure about the geometry as I am a mountain biker by trade, but the back wheel is a little larger than the front which might attribute for this.

you sure about the 18" there? 18" is only 46cm - 56cm would be about 22"

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ollietrex

Humm.... Very good point, well its just that bit bigger than my current bike so my best guess without measuring it (Will do it tonight) is that it is a 56cm frame or close on to that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement