Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Building Regulations in UAE

• 17-09-2008 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

I have posted a similar thread in Engineering forum but maybe an answer will come from here quicker.

Basically i'm wondering if anyone knows where i could get my hands on the Abu Dhabi Building Reg's / Code.

I am doing some research for a new project in work and i need to find out some info about U-Values, Voltage specs etc in United Arab Emirates.

I have heard that they sometimes use UK or US regulations, i know this was the case years ago but i don't know if that still stands.

I have googled it btw but can't find anything useful. There is mention of a new Green code to improve sustainability but no main set of reg's.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Strictly speaking this thread is not appropriate for the C & P forum but we can let it run on the off chance that someone may be able to help in some way or other.

I was going to suggest google but as you have went down that road the only other thing that I can think of is try to locate their government departments online and in particular their equivalent of our DoE. Maybe they have a "building" dept. but you could always bang off a couple of emails and see what happens.

The other thing would be to see if they have an embassy here or in the UK that you could contact or alternatively an Irish or British embassy located out in the UAE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

RIAI might be worth contacting - they should be able to steer you in the right direction anyway. They and Enterprise Ireland have been examining the possibilities of Irish Architectural Practices getting work in the Middle East lately. I'd phone rather than e-mail - it might get lost in the system if it doesn't go to the right desk. PM for number if you want.

Advertisement