Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UCD to Dundrum Centre

• 17-09-2008 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

What bus routes go from UCD to Dundrum towncentre, if any? And where abouts do they go from in UCD? (new student so no idea). Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

17 would be main one, wnehever that shows up. Leaves from Terminus at Quinn School. Nearest bus stop would be the Notre Dame school in Dundrum, bout 5-10 minute walk back the way. Tis a grand walk if you've nothing heavy and like walking. Prob quicker than waiting for said bus and the route it takes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

The 17 links UCD with Dundrum - It'll drop you to either the stop opposite Uncle Tom's Cabin (before the LUAS bridge) or on the Upper Churchtown Road outside the Notre Dame Convent, both of which are about a 8-10 minute walk from the main entrance of the Dundrum Centre.

The 17 is quite a reliable bus and does generally show up on time. However, you do need to know the times as there can be 30 minutes between buses.

Full timetable is at http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

I would not agree with the above! I went to UCD, and used the 17 - it's desperately unreliable, as are pretty much all buses that don't serve the city centre. It is rarely on time, and sometimes just won't turn up. A painfully poor route. So be warned!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭geurrp the yard

as stated above the 17 is a painful bus, i wouldnt rely on it.If ya like walking, you could walk to windy arbour and get the luas to dundrum.

Well as a near daily user of the 17 I can only agree to disagree.

I never have a problem with it.

• Advertisement

Cool Mo D wrote: »
    I would not agree with the above! I went to UCD, and used the 17 - it's desperately unreliable, as are pretty much all buses that don't serve the city centre. It is rarely on time, and sometimes just won't turn up. A painfully poor route. So be warned!

Incidentally on the subject of reliability, the 75 has improved dramatically in terms of reliability since the new schedule was introduced back in April which gave an increased frequency tied in with longer running times, i.e. the time taken from one terminus to the other, of 90-120 minutes depending on the time of day.

Advertisement