Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way paying someone elses CC bill?

Options
  • 17-09-2008 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

As per question, i want to pay off someone else's cc bill. Whats the most efficient way?
    CC bill is with Tesco with drip feed payments from that person's AIB account, i'm with a totally different bank.
    Is it just a matter of ringing them up with all the CC bill details and allow me to give my laser card details to pay it off?

Is it that simple OR is it more difficult to arrange?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭P.o.p.p.y

yep, its that simple

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

gurramok wrote: »
    As per question, i want to pay off someone else's cc bill. Whats the most efficient way?
    CC bill is with Tesco with drip feed payments from that person's AIB account, i'm with a totally different bank.
    Is it just a matter of ringing them up with all the CC bill details and allow me to give my laser card details to pay it off?

Is it that simple OR is it more difficult to arrange?

http://www.tesco.ie/finance/visacards/faq.html#repaycard
    How do I make repayments to my Credit card account? You can make repayments by bank giro credit slip, which is attached to your monthly statement, at your bank or building society. You also have the option to set up a direct debit instruction.
    So you should be able to pay it through AIB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

heymcflyx wrote: »
    http://www.tesco.ie/finance/visacards/faq.html#repaycard

So you should be able to pay it through AIB

I don't have AIB account though.

Giro seems a bit long winded, could take many days to process.

So, if i ring up, i can just use my laser details and that's it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

The only thing is if the call centre is outsourced to England or other they may not accept lazer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

gurramok wrote: »
    I don't have AIB account though.

Giro seems a bit long winded, could take many days to process.

So, if i ring up, i can just use my laser details and that's it?

I doubt you could pay by Lazer over the phone. Set the card up on your internet banking or use the Giro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Ifyou have access to the card you can take it in to the post office, give them the cash and card. bada bing. done.
    Plus the giro is hardly long winded, when you have that you can go into any bank and pay, takes three days to hit the account.
    Tesco credit cards are with the bank of Scotland and they do not take laser cards over the phone.

Advertisement