Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

repair/respray??

Options
  • 17-09-2008 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

i recently came across a honda accord i am interested in. it has top spec (leather etc...)and at a fairly good price. it was never crashed but has a few "dirty" scratches on it .its an 8 year old car but would it be worth the effort and money to ge it cleaned up.any ideas on how much this type of work would cost?no parts,panels or doors need replacing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

At that age, it should be more economical to find an undamaged example.

Would a buff/compound solve much?

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

dont think so. its a pity because the car is 100% inside.might wait a few months and see if its still for sale .if the price was right it would def be worth the work

resprays are a helluva lot more expensive than you would imagine.

I got a quote for an old bmw and it would have cost a couple of grand at least....

it might be worth it on an bmw but not on a honda .think i will just have to keep an eye ont for cleaner one. i would import but the vrt is a killer on a 2.0l petrol car!

what part of the country are you in? I saved thousands on my car by leaving dublin and buying in waterford

• Advertisement

the garage increased the price by e200 the day after i looked at it and showed a bit of interest.he must not be very up to date with the fact the there is not a huge amount of money been spent at the moment on cars etc...it a pity because he was a real sound man , salt of the earth ... icon12.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

To be honest an 8 year old car is bound to have some wear and tear marks on it from over the years. I would not spend money on getting them removed unless it was cheap and I don't think it would be.

If you could not live with these scratches then it is best to look elsewhere at another car. I would suggest the UK where high spec Accords are more plentiful and generally Accords are owned by mature folks who care for them better.

think i agree, def not going to waste my money on cowboys looking to rip off joe public

Advertisement