Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I need a simple program that will let me make my own mix - which one?

• 17-09-2008 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭

Anyone know a decent but easy to use program that I can use to create mixes?

Sound

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

0utpost31 wrote: »
    Anyone know a decent but easy to use program that I can use to create mixes?

Sound

I would say Ableton but you'd need to be technical enough to get up and running so I'll take it down a notch for you,

PCDJ Silver, Traktor DJ, There are a good few programs like that you can use,
    It emulates a standard 2 CD + Mixer rack so the learning curve is relatively small. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

If its for live mixing Traktor In my opinion is fantastic as easy to use for the novice.

However, for doing a Non-live mix, Sony Acid Pro is king for ease of use in my opinion to put together a Flawless mix with effects and EQ...

P.S. (I'm sure Ableton has the same features as acid, possibly even more, I'm just not that familiar with laying down stuff in it non-live).

deevey wrote: »
    If its for live mixing Traktor In my opinion is fantastic as easy to use for the novice.

However, for doing a Non-live mix, Sony Acid Pro is king for ease of use in my opinion to put together a Flawless mix with effects and EQ...

P.S. (I'm sure Ableton has the same features as acid, possibly even more, I'm just not that familiar with laying down stuff in it non-live).

I've messed around with Acid Pro 3 a few years ago and only used individual loops, wasn't aware you could use entire tracks. You learn something new every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Yup, was doing it in acid 4 yonks ago, although just tested with Ableton and it has the same features in arrangement view with fx envelopes etc. happy days!!

I really do hate recording mixes at home (time consuming no fun without a crowd!) this actually opens up plenty of fun for me too now ;) cheers to the OP for bringing up the question or I wouldn't have bothered finding out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Mixmeister is pretty handy too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭arsebandit

Mixmeister is very easy to use, try mixmeister fusion , it beat matchs for you if need be,
    You can edit as you go pull sections from a track and delete it,.
    I have a copy of it if you wanna try it.

Bandit

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Do you want to mix live, or do you want to pre-prepare CD's etc?

Virtual DJ, traktor or Image Line Deckadance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm looking for a program for making mixes too. I don't really need anything too complicated but would like something that you could just take a bunch of your MP3s from the hardrive and layer them over each other and then sync up the beats to create mixes, but I don't mean in real-time necessarily. Maybe a facility to alter sound levels, etc. nothing overly fancy. Don't want to be messing about with external controllers either. Any suggestions? Thanks?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I beliee mixmeister is your best bet there - never used it myself but you can just slot tracks together, match the beats and pre-plan the mixes. A mate of mine used to use it to make mix cd's and it worked pretty well

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭BangBeater

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'm looking for a program for making mixes too. I don't really need anything too complicated but would like something that you could just take a bunch of your MP3s from the hardrive and layer them over each other and then sync up the beats to create mixes, but I don't mean in real-time necessarily. Maybe a facility to alter sound levels, etc. nothing overly fancy. Don't want to be messing about with external controllers either. Any suggestions? Thanks?

Numark Cue. Does the basics well.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »

Have you read the rest of the thread?

Loads of options for you there without asking the same question again.

try Traktor, or a similar product. no external set up needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Have you read the rest of the thread?

Loads of options for you there without asking the same question again.

try Traktor, or a similar product. no external set up needed
    No need to get all narky I was just asking a simple question and I got some answers. Thanks.

Advertisement