Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!! Region free laptop?

Options
  • 17-09-2008 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi
    Need some help, Ive got a sony vaio cr32 laptop and the dvd drive is locked on region 1 (U.S). Does any1 know if it can be brough back to region 2 Europe or even better making it region free? I brough up the device manager screen and it says under the DVD region that i have "0 changes remaining"? If it helps the the drive is "MAT****A DVD-RAM UJ870QJ ATA",

I'm not a whole pile technical but if some1 can give any help it would be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If you use vlc player (it's free) that will bypass the region lock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mdrizzle

Cheers mate nice 1. That solves playin but any idea bout usin dvd shrink for backing up dvd's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

The software i know that can do this is illegal, and i wont give out the info here as it breaches the websites charter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

google is your friend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mdrizzle

Thanks every1! got it sorted :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement