Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOT ENOUGH LIGHT

• 17-09-2008 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭

Have concrete slab between 1st and 2nd floor.

Electrican would not fit spots as there was not enough air flow
    or room in the cavity for them,
    So i have 2 ceiling roses to light a 20ft by18ft kitchen,

Ideally i would like to bring down more points to give more light and put over my island,which sits between the two roses.

Thanks

P.S The 2 lights are on the same switch.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Well if its a painted slab ceiling then you have little options I'm afraid, you will have no space to run cables above the ceiling and no space under the ceiling, the routes are either in the slabs (matched up at installation stage) or were laid during the original pore of concrete.

there maybe some options available due to a possible battioned ceiling or raised wooden floor, but you'd have to look at it first.

anyway have you considered a floor standing light near the dining table?

another oprion would be to replace the ceiling lights with strips of spot lights (typically i hate these due to the juice they eat) but you could get a GU10 one and fit it with 11 CFLs (if they fit the fitting you get) or with LEDs.

And one final option, I've never used these and i dont know what they look like, but i saw these in a recent catalogue from CPC. Its a Plug in 3 Plate spotlight, and a 4 spotlight bar.
    It connects into the pendant

http://cpc.farnell.com/LA0310725/electrical-lighting-security/product.us0?sku=eterna-a061&_requestid=354143

or http://cpc.farnell.com/LA0310825/electrical-lighting-security/product.us0?sku=eterna-a061a&_requestid=354421

Advertisement