Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone Trading with NiB

• 17-09-2008 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭

Hello all, Could anyone please share info along with their experiances with trading stocks with national irish bank, I am not happy with present broker and am serching for a broker who charges fair commision rates along with being able to sell and re-buy stock same day, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭Orobhsa

I use their online platform. Very easy to use. Haven't had any issue in the past year or so. Online is one of the cheapest means of buying shares via an irish broker. Don't know what charges apply to phone trading.

Don't know that any irish broker would be suitable for day trading. The charges are too high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

I have bought three times and sold once using NIB. I went there as it was the most rcommended on an earlier thread. Costs are 25 euro per trade plus 1 % tax on purchases, though some of my charges were a few euro over. on asking i got a reply of rounding up/averaging., or some such.

The buy orders seem to work instantly. you can watch that hours deals as they unfold. yesterday i bought BoI when they were 3.96. I watched the deals fluctuate from 3,96 to 4.15 and back again. mine went through at the price at which i pressed the buy button.

Am still finding my way around the site,but it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

oops, pity it worked so quickly, down ten cent.

answer to earlier question, buying on phone with NIB about 25 euro dearer than on line. you must have funds in an account with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭ranger4

rugbyman wrote: »
    oops, pity it worked so quickly, down ten cent.

answer to earlier question, buying on phone with NIB about 25 euro dearer than on line. you must have funds in an account with them.

Recieved a call from nib today with info with daytrading stock, i asked them if i could make a trade with funds from sameday sale of stock and apparently i would have to wait 3 days before i could use sold stock funds to re-trade, this is not great, shame their fees were reasonable and i was all ready to open a a/c to start trading with them next week, Could this be a mistake, has anyone managed to use funds from sold stock same day to buy fresh stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭pjproby

certainly i have bought and sold stocks on the same day, with the same funds, particularly Irish shares, also with American shares but occasionally had to wait three days for the transaction to be credited to my account.
    i suspect as they get to know you they loosen the strings , so to speak.
    it is a very simple and easy to use system. but you do need an nib current account to use it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement