Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FINGLAS VILLAGE

Options
  • 17-09-2008 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

What has happened to the buzz in finglas village,i grew up there had my first pints there etc etc.I was up there at the weekend its like a ghost town only two pubs i open.I know it has a bad rep but it used to be a good weekend out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Theres the Shilling for pozers imo anyway, if you can get by the baldy guy then its always jamed, the other pub around the corner cant remember the name, the shamrock for ouldfellas and the jolly for ehhhh? Other?? The drake and the bottom are gone but the bottom may be reopening soon. I have to say I really liked the bottom and the kasbah despite being slaged all the time because I did. Even Hunan was lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I think its something to do with redevelopment of the village with places closing in anticipation of something happening.
    Its been a long time with not to much of a life streetwise after dark which is a pity

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

There was supposed to a big re-development and a lot of the shops had sold out to the development company but there was an issue about 6 car parking spaces outside the drake (i think i might be wrong about the pub) anyway, he wanted a million for each car parking space.

anyhoo, the developer has pullled out now and there is to no development and the village is just going to disapear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

went to the deputy mayor about 18 months ago. said i'd never go back.

moved back into charlestown 3 weeks ago, went around and its much better. maybe becuase there was nobody there (me being 1 of 9 people in the whole place, my girlfiend 2 of 9) but the pint was ok-ish too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

There were tons of people shot weren't there?

• Advertisement

just in general or in finglas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Finglas. And was that the place where your man was samurai sworded?

nobody got shot there but somebody did lose an arm. apparently the other guy was going for his head and he blocked it. nice spot though

Advertisement