Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterproof MP3 Player - anyone try it?

• 17-09-2008 11:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Was half thinking about giving this a try, but €100 is still a good bit of dosh. Anyone try it yet?

Link

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭agrajag

connundrum wrote: »
    Hey,

Was half thinking about giving this a try, but €100 is still a good bit of dosh. Anyone try it yet?

Link

Haven't tried it, but been thinking of getting myself this instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

I was thinking of getting a case +headphones for my Ipod Nano3 but still a bit iffy about submerging my ipod in water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭zardette

I have one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/WATERPROOF-PLAYER-phones-armband-COLORS/dp/B0016RGOYM

and I find its great as long as you use a tight cap. Its good with a front crawl backstroke and butterfly for some reason doesn't work that well for me with the breaststroke maybe thats just bad on my part

I can also flip at the end of the pool with it on.

I use it for long swimming sessions so as not to fall asleep (well 1.5 hrs thats long for me)

Hope this helps,
    Z

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

I have heard George Hook, on his radio programme, extolling the virtue of a waterproof player he uses on his morning pool swim. Can't remember the name, but if you e-mail the show, I'd say they'd get back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 hutchyontour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭DonalB

I've had a Finis SwiMP3 for about a year and a half. Training for the English Channel last year my coach didn't want me using it, but I did use it before training with her and I use it occasionally again now that it's over, but usually only on rare days when I'm doing something like 7 to 9k pyramids or I'm just getting in to tackle my depression.

It works extremely well. Yes the bone conduction really does work, no headphones or leaking cases to worry about after much reading and research at the time I ruled out all other options having talked to various people who had tried them.
    Usual drag and drop controls to copy music on, no conversion required. Takes a day or 2 to get used to the controls with no screen but it's easy apart from that. About 4 hrs play time on my version was the bigggest problem as that was only about 2 days swimming when i was using it a lot.
    I found it difficult to find goggles that it would work <well> with, although that was because the older version tended to put the straps out. It works perfectly with Aquasphere Kaimans, my preferred goggles now for long distance. However that was the previous version, V2, the new V3 looks even better.
    256mb seemed very small compared to another mp3 player but I fit 60 tracks at 129kbps, which sounded perfect in the pool. Once or twice after transferring something new on, I would realise it wasn't going through the full list. In this cases I would first do a system reset, if that didn't work (once) I did a quick reformat and then transfer on the full list of files again .

Advertisement