Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Warranty?!

Options
  • 17-09-2008 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

i bought a 2nd hand car in July and it came with a 3 month warranty, which covers engine, gearbox, parts and labour.

can somebody please tell me what this covers or should cover?? (i know it seems obvious)

something happened with the electric window, when i press it to go up, it goes and stops about 3inches from the top and comes down.
    i rang and was told the warranty didnt cover this, salesman couldn give 2 f's and tried gettin me off the phone as soon as he could.

to me this would fall under the parts section or labour at least.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Misticles wrote: »
    i bought a 2nd hand car in July and it came with a 3 month warranty, which covers engine, gearbox, parts and labour.

My understanding is that this means if something goes wrong with either the engine or the gearbox, then you're covered for the parts and labour for the repair of the problem.
    The electric windows would most likely not be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

try cleaning out the guides that the glass slides up an down, there may be something blocking it. the window probably has an anti-choke function.

I'd advise you get someone to check the engine/gearbox and get any problems sorted before the warranty runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd play dumb and chance asking the garage if the job is covered under the warranty. If it is a relatively straight forward easy fix they may do it as a goodwill jesture. If not then at least you are no worse off than before.

PS try Colm's suggestion first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

Just a guess, but is it a BMW, Toyota or an Opel???

Either way, a good spray of Son of a Gun around the seals of the window and around the glass should free it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

its an opel corsa..

ye im gonna get it checked out b4 the warranty ends

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

jimbling wrote: »
    My understanding is that this means if something goes wrong with either the engine or the gearbox, then you're covered for the parts and labour for the repair of the problem.
    The electric windows would most likely not be covered.

+1

Advertisement