Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help getting new business accounts setup

• 17-09-2008 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

I have a limited company that has been trading since May. The number of financial transactions associated with the company would not be much (between sales, purchases, expenses, etc) less than 50. I have paper records of everything and have filed two VAT returns so far.

After much reading I decided to purchase TAS Books 1. Trying to keep costs down I didn't opt for the added support and now I'm at a loss. I keep hearing people say that it is important to get your accounting software setup properly (essentialy lay solid foundations and best practices). Even though this software is apparently for non-accountant types such as myself, I still struggle to understand what needs to go where, etc. I am a Software Engineer so it's not like I'm computer illiterate, but it's so frustrating when you are asked what is surely a basic question by the software and you feel like flipping a coin to give it an answer.

How much would it cost to have an accountant set this up for us (considering the relatively small number of transactions on file already)?

or

Are there free resources online that will provide me with sufficient information to carry out this "setup" task myself. Basically how do I take all my sales, purchases and expenses to date and record them in TAS 1.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement