Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combat Webbing

Options
  • 17-09-2008 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I've always preferred webbing over combat vests and I was just wondering if you could recommend any sites that sell them.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

what kind of webbing mate???, try gunnerairsoft and ebaybanned...also..try Ebay haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

It will depend on what exactly you are looking for. If you have a specific type of webbing in mind just do a google search for it. You could try searching for surplus or re-creation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

If youre not sure what's out there/available, why dont you come along to a skirmish and just have a look at the many various loadouts/webbing/vests worn by prople there. If you see something that looks right - just ask, most will only be too happy to give you the details/prices/place to buy etc.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

Is it for show or practical use? IMO all you need is a few mag pouches and little more, check out some chest rigs. Ebaybanned (as mentioned) or Ehobbyasia (on ebay but have new site now I think) will have some cheap options.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

there are a lot of nice webbing options available to you from old us Vietnam era options to modern Russian smersh webbing, you could also go for a molle belt and suspenders for another option, its a bit hard to give examples and prices without a bit more info, do you want to go for a theme and era or just practicality? what aeg will you be using? do you want to be carry additional equipment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Keggers Senior

Thanks for the input everyone, a big help.

I'm looking at webbing for both looks and practicality. I try to avoid vests for the simple reason that I often find them too bulky and awkward for my liking. Chest rigs are O.Kish but I still hold a certain prejudice towards them as well. I prefer to avoid themes as well, instead creating my own unique look. That said, I'm happy to go with a theme provided it fills certain look/practical specifications.

I'll have a flick round the site mentioned now and see if there's anything I'm looking for.
    More input would be great thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

Thanks for the input everyone, a big help.

I'm looking at webbing for both looks and practicality. I try to avoid vests for the simple reason that I often find them too bulky and awkward for my liking. Chest rigs are O.Kish but I still hold a certain prejudice towards them as well. I prefer to avoid themes as well, instead creating my own unique look. That said, I'm happy to go with a theme provided it fills certain look/practical specifications.

I'll have a flick round the site mentioned now and see if there's anything I'm looking for.
    More input would be great thanks!

Only other thing I can say is avoid anything too restrictive or it'll be a headwrecker on long skirmishes. IMO.
    I have a chest rig which works well and is good quality but have been considering getting something like a drop leg mag holder or just stick some mag pouches on a simple belt. All depends what you're into I s'pose.

Only other thing I can say is avoid anything too restrictive or it'll be a headwrecker on long skirmishes. IMO.
    I have a chest rig which works well and is good quality but have been considering getting something like a drop leg mag holder or just stick some mag pouches on a simple belt. All depends what you're into I s'pose.

Well, I have considered a belt with MOLLE attachments and suspenders, or PLCE, but i'm not entirely sure waht to go with really.

Puding wrote: »
    there are a lot of nice webbing options available to you from old us Vietnam era options to modern Russian smersh webbing, you could also go for a molle belt and suspenders for another option, its a bit hard to give examples and prices without a bit more info, do you want to go for a theme and era or just practicality? what aeg will you be using? do you want to be carry additional equipment?

More looking for practicality as i've said prior to this post. In the process of acquiring a new AEG, either AK variant or FN 2000. Additional equipment would also be god, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭birdman 1979

Go for plce, you can get two ammo pouches, which will hold 8 mags. Add on two water bottle pouches which you can use as dump pouches. The only prob with webbing is that, you will have to run bungies through it. this will make it stop flapping around when you run around in it. Also it gives it a tight fit. I seen a thread in the ads section a few weeks ago with somebody selling some brit dpm plce. That would be worth checking out.

• Advertisement

Go for plce, you can get two ammo pouches, which will hold 8 mags. Add on two water bottle pouches which you can use as dump pouches. The only prob with webbing is that, you will have to run bungies through it. this will make it stop flapping around when you run around in it. Also it gives it a tight fit. I seen a thread in the ads section a few weeks ago with somebody selling some brit dpm plce. That would be worth checking out.

Cheers. I'll look into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

There's also the seldom considered option of a bandolier. Ebaybanned have started stocking them of late. Plenty of MOLLE space, not restrictive and very light. Could be ideal for you.

NakedDex wrote: »
    There's also the seldom considered option of a bandolier. Ebaybanned have started stocking them of late. Plenty of MOLLE space, not restrictive and very light. Could be ideal for you.

Now there's an idea! Thanks. I'll have a look tonight.

Keep the input coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

there is a good deal on ebaybanned...you get the bandoller and 3 M4 fastmags..http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=1693

here is a strike bandoleer
    http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=1358

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

They're the ones I was talking about. I wouldn't be hugely pushed about the Fast Mag pouches but they can be clipped off if you don't like them.
    Question; what type of rifle and pistol do you use? I could make a loadout suggestion based on your existing gear? How many mags would you carry?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

If your going to have Dex make suggestions, give him a bloodu budget to work off , you might find a georgio armani web outfit :0

I know what you mean about restrictive vests, I thought the SAAV was brilliant, until I acquired my new multicam MOLLE load bearing vest, and its so comfy, it just sticks to your chest and gives you total movement.

I'd also advise Defenderdudes idea, stroll to a site, not only can you have a look at different loadouts, you might even get a go of different AK's etc to have a feel.

NakedDex wrote: »
    They're the ones I was talking about. I wouldn't be hugely pushed about the Fast Mag pouches but they can be clipped off if you don't like them.
    Question; what type of rifle and pistol do you use? I could make a loadout suggestion based on your existing gear? How many mags would you carry?

Well I really like the look of the thing. Presently in the process of buying meself a new AEG. Toss up between an AK varient and an FN 2000. No pistols here....yet anyway! Always use midcap mags, and I always like to have a few extras, just in case. Presently I have a basic kit, SA assault vest and AEG, no longer in service. Can only really afford to spend between the 50-80 euro mark at the moment.

If your going to have Dex make suggestions, give him a bloodu budget to work off , you might find a georgio armani web outfit :0

I know what you mean about restrictive vests, I thought the SAAV was brilliant, until I acquired my new multicam MOLLE load bearing vest, and its so comfy, it just sticks to your chest and gives you total movement.

I'd also advise Defenderdudes idea, stroll to a site, not only can you have a look at different loadouts, you might even get a go of different AK's etc to have a feel.

Cheers, I'll keep that in mind! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

Well I really like the look of the thing. Presently in the process of buying meself a new AEG. Toss up between an AK varient and an FN 2000. No pistols here....yet anyway! Always use midcap mags, and I always like to have a few extras, just in case. Presently I have a basic kit, SA assault vest and AEG, no longer in service. Can only really afford to spend between the 50-80 euro mark at the moment.

Jeez that sounds awful like my loadout:P:P:P

Keggers wrote: »
    Jeez that sounds awful like my loadout:P:P:P

Hehe. Quiet you!!! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement