Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with Swords bus route

• 18-09-2008 12:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭

Anyone, maybe from Swords, know exactly where the 41X bus picks up in Swords heading to town?
    I checked Dublin Bus' website and it just says Swords Manor and I know that bus only picks you up at certain stops so I'm not sure where the actual stop is:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

This bus goes from the Manor down the rathbeale road (were JCs is) then it goes down the seatown road were the school is (instead of turning onto the main street), takes a left at the roundabout and all the way up to the travelodge were it takes the left towards the motorway.

The best place to get it is along the Rathbeale road. €2.30 and it takes about 40mins to get to trinity from the rathbeale road(I think it goes to UCD)

Strangely enough I got it in applewood one morning but I think the driver was new and took the wrong turn.

Mark

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

If you're at the other end of Swords some go from the Forest Road (behind Eddie Rocket's)

41X ROUTE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Meditraitor one of the 41x's does indeed go through applewood

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Dizzy only 2 goes from the forrest road in the mornings.
    The bus is usually 3/4 full by the time it gets to the Fingal Community College on the Seatown Road, well the 7:45 one is anyways.
    2 go through Glen Ellen too the 7:30 and the 7:50 ones.
    Basically get it anywhere between the Manor and Jcs and you'll be sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,000 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

takes a left at the roundabout and all the way up to the travelodge
    Presumably you meant it takes a 'right' at the roundabout - if it took a left, it would be heading north.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Presumably you meant it takes a 'right' at the roundabout - if it took a left, it would be heading north.

;)Correct. I should read it before posting........ a common failure of mine ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Ruen

Cheers for the help, I'm new to Swords so hadnt really got a clue, meditraitor does it stop anywhere on Rathbeale road cos thats handy for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

It's stops at every stop on the Rathbeale Road. I used to walk up to the stop before the JC's stop, at Pinegrove/Abbeylea area to be sure of a seat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 carolinearc

Hey take the swords express bus in front of the pavillions or pennys.

Dublis bus is ****e, especially with some of their rude bus drivers..

Advertisement