Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

televisions on the cheap

• 18-09-2008 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

My mate reckons there will be good deals on 50in tvs in H.N. this sat. I dont have much details yet, between €800-900. pity, I paid more than that for my 42in 6 months ago:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

ShaunC wrote: »
    My mate reckons there will be good deals on 50in tvs in H.N. this sat. I dont have much details yet, between €800-900. pity, I paid more than that for my 42in 6 months ago:(

my dog told me the same. he's been wrong before :rolleyes:

alternatively if size is all your after this 46" would cost ya 912 euro delivered if you ring richer sounds in belfast and say your coming from boards and want to buy this tv in sterling and can you get free shipping. The only time this year that you'll get a 50" tv from harvey normans for 900 euro it will have two large speakers on the size and the viewing are will be 40"
    http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=SHAR-LC46X20E

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Currys had a 50 Inch Samsung a few weeks back for €900, great deal!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

I know plenty of people who have got great TV's for free at the Recycling Bring Centres around the city. The craze for flatscreen TV's means that people are literally throwing away lovely TV's which are working perfectly fine with the only dysfunction that you can't hang them on the wall.

Happy days! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Were the remotes taped to them?

Were the remotes taped to them?

yip wrapped in the manual also

• Advertisement

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Currys had a 50 Inch Samsung a few weeks back for €900, great deal!:pac:

was this it ?

http://www.currys.co.uk:80/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1314472356.1221734620@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccgadefejdlekjcflgceggdhhmdgmj.0&page=Product&sku=089386

how is this a bargain alert. This thread should be deleted and the space that its wasting should be reclaimed.

New thread: A heard from a friend of a Friend that product x will be cheaper in the future. No Info on it now but I am guessing around approx c price which would be really good value. I can't wait to get an x product as my product y is not as good as x.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

rom wrote: »
    was this it ?

http://www.currys.co.uk:80/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1314472356.1221734620@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccgadefejdlekjcflgceggdhhmdgmj.0&page=Product&sku=089386

how is this a bargain alert. This thread should be deleted and the space that its wasting should be reclaimed.

New thread: A heard from a friend of a Friend that product x will be cheaper in the future. No Info on it now but I am guessing around approx c price which would be really good value. I can't wait to get an x product as my product y is not as good as x.

You're an angry man, aren't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

was this it ?

Relax there kid, i bought that exact one myself for €900 a few weeks go,they may have the offer in Currys again,theres no harm in talking about it

there is such thing as a bargain alert. If the guy said that my friend works in H N then fair enough but this is a joke :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

there is such thing as a bargain alert. If the guy said that my friend works in H N then fair enough but this is a joke :D

Adds in the Times/Indo this am with all detials.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Kelso

Do they only have the one laptop offer? Seems to be from the ad-some Toshiba for €350. Only has 1gig RAM too so doesn't seem a great offer at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

johnfás wrote: »
    I know plenty of people who have got great TV's for free at the Recycling Bring Centres around the city. The craze for flatscreen TV's means that people are literally throwing away lovely TV's which are working perfectly fine with the only dysfunction that you can't hang them on the wall.

Happy days! :D

How did they actually get the TV's, was it a case of just going to the bring centers and asking the people there "do you have any 50" plasmas going spare please?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Think you need to read the post again, carefully this time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

you ,ll get a 47 or 50inch tv round 900euro, if you,r willing to buy a 720p tv hd, ie it has no 1080mode in pc world.720 is grand for hd console games,90percent of hd games are designed for 720 hd mode.

Advertisement