Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career Advice

• 18-09-2008 2:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, just looking for a bit of advice... i've recently passed my exams which means i'll be receiving my degree next month, however my average was pretty poor (47.6%) and the college won't allow me back for a 4th year. What are my options from here? Should i send my cv into local accountancy firms? Are they likely to take me on concidering my low average? Are there any more career options open to me? I would greatly appreciate any advice as i'm quite confused as to my future options.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Climber

It depends on what accountancy route you want to go down, e.g. ACCA Vs. ACA.

I'm doing ACCA myself and I can tell you that once you have a Degree of any sort it will help you get a job. The most important thing to do now is register with ACCA, start studying and take ANY accountancy role and stick it for at least 6 months.

In six months time you can start calling your self a 'Part Qualified Accountant', you'll have work experience and you'll be in a much better position to look around for a better role, more money etc.

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭santino

I think you should apply to see what exemptions you are entitled to. The more exempt that you are the less your employer will have to pay (exam fees, course fees, etc). This may work to your advantage as opposed to a person that is starting from scratch,

Good Luck

Advertisement