Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PI infraction...

Options
  • 18-09-2008 7:40am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

See here.

The courtesy of a response would be just dandy.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

"Is anyone going to bother their arse to reply?"

Your attitude is just brilliant. I know i'd want to reply if I read that.

Nobody cares about infractions tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Fight the powah!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I couldn't give a ****e about infractions myself, but there's a line to be drawn when they're handed out for nothing.

Yeah, maybe my attitude is bad in that second post, but i feel it's warranted.

I posted a genuine reply to a thread and got an infraction for it, i posted a genuine thread asking why i was infracted and i was ignored. I would call that a pretty **** attitude on behalf of the mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

My Granny always said "You'll catch more bees with honey than you will with vinegar".

Try to be a bit more polite, mods are people too.

Hagar,

I think its supposed to be flies.

Bees make the honey.

• Advertisement

For that matter, why would you want to catch either?

Hagar wrote: »
    My Granny always said "You'll catch more bees with honey than you will with vinegar".

Try to be a bit more polite, mods are people too.
    I can absolutely emphasize with that, but it still doesn't take nearly two days to reply to a simple thread, so i don't think it's a case of being 'just human', i think it's more of a case of not giving a crap tbh.

All i would like is for someone to give me a valid reason on why that post was infracted and deleted. I don't think that's too much to ask.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Regarding the actual infraction, an infraction and a deleted post is a restrained response IMO. Your post in the original thread demonstrates neither sympathy for the OP nor a grasp of the actual issue - you tried to effectively blame the entire issue of a failing relationship on the OP faking orgasm. PI is meant to be somewhere people can discuss sensitive or awkward issues and ask for help.

I don't know what the average response time for a Helpdesk ticket is but bear in mind that your passive-aggressive follow-up was just over 1 day afterwards. I don't think you've demonstrated an understanding of the issue that led to the infraction, much less any remorse or willingness to avoid repeating the same behaviour, so I would advise against holding your breath while waiting for a response....

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

my first response being, its the middle of the night and you expect an smod/admin to be up that late so they can handle infraction appeals at 5am? I go with the 24 hour rule myself. tis only a message board after all.

ani-marathons make me sleepy. goodnight.

Fysh wrote: »
    Regarding the actual infraction, an infraction and a deleted post is a restrained response IMO. Your post in the original thread demonstrates neither sympathy for the OP nor a grasp of the actual issue - you tried to effectively blame the entire issue of a failing relationship on the OP faking orgasm. PI is meant to be somewhere people can discuss sensitive or awkward issues and ask for help.

I don't know what the average response time for a Helpdesk ticket is but bear in mind that your passive-aggressive follow-up was just over 1 day afterwards. I don't think you've demonstrated an understanding of the issue that led to the infraction, much less any remorse or willingness to avoid repeating the same behaviour, so I would advise against holding your breath while waiting for a response....

The OP's issue was that she never gets any from her husband, she mentioned that she always gives it to him whenever he wants it and even if it's bad she said she fakes it. In response i said that maybe she doesn't fake it as well as she thinks she does, as in maybe he knows she fakes it and doesn't want to have sex with her out of pure embarrassment. I fail to see how me saying this is interpreted as me practically blaming her for the fall of a relationship, i merely pointed out a possibility as to why he didn't want to have sex. I think to assume anything more is reading into things that are not there.

Having just checked the first page in help desk, the majority of the threads have a response within a few hours.

And no, i haven't demonstrated an understanding of the issue that led to the infraction, because there was no issue worthy on an infraction. The only issue i see here is incompetency and lack of common sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Dig up, man, dig up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

9ea1f3e3e66e375316793d4488d81bf2.jpg

/edit
    *snap*

Overheal wrote: »
    my first response being, its the middle of the night and you expect an smod/admin to be up that late so they can handle infraction appeals at 5am? I go with the 24 hour rule myself. tis only a message board after all.

ani-marathons make me sleepy. goodnight.
    It wasn't 5am where i was, and no i wasn't expecting a reply at that time. It just happened to be the time i went back to the thread:)

The thread was posted in the early AM, i don't think it's unreasonable to have a response by late PM.

Now i'm off to bed.

It wasn't 5am where i was, and no i wasn't expecting a reply at that time. It just happened to be the time i went back to the thread:)

The thread was posted in the early AM, i don't think it's unreasonable to have a response by late PM.

Fight the powah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

I couldn't give a ****e about infractions myself..

I think thats pretty obvious from the fact you have 4 in PI alone in just over a month.
    Yeah, maybe my attitude is bad in that second post, but i feel it's warranted.

Well the mod didn't and rightly so. I don't think, given the number of infractionsthat your attiutude is limited to one post.

FYI though i am sure you are aware of it mods cannot reply in helpdesk and sometimes even admins have holidays.

Edit: i have looked again at the infractions and to be perfectly honest you have been given a hell of a lot of leeway overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I find marker a fitting character for PI though - he plays the bad cop and is the first to slap OPs around when they need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I can absolutely emphasize with that, but it still doesn't take nearly two days to reply to a simple thread, so i don't think it's a case of being 'just human', i think it's more of a case of not giving a crap tbh.

Firstly I wasn't aware of the the helpdesk thread.

Secondly I can't reply to a helpdesk thread with out asking an smod for temp access which I won't do if I am not aware of a thread related to a mod action I have taken.

Thirdly you could have pmed me about the thread or about the infraction directly.

All i would like is for someone to give me a valid reason on why that post was infracted and deleted. I don't think that's too much to ask.

As for why you got the infraction Fysh summed it up for you pretty well.
    Fysh wrote: »

Your acerbic and reductionist post are not helpful, please adjust your posting style while in PI or chances are you will end up with more then the 4 infractions you have from that forum and you are at the stage where you will start getting bans, the duration of which will increase with each offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The OP's issue was that she never gets any from her husband, she mentioned that she always gives it to him whenever he wants it and even if it's bad she said she fakes it. In response i said that maybe she doesn't fake it as well as she thinks she does, as in maybe he knows she fakes it and doesn't want to have sex with her out of pure embarrassment. I fail to see how me saying this is interpreted as me practically blaming her for the fall of a relationship, i merely pointed out a possibility as to why he didn't want to have sex. I think to assume anything more is reading into things that are not there.

Please do not use this forum to rehash threads outside of PI thanks.
    Having just checked the first page in help desk, the majority of the threads have a response within a few hours.

Smods have lives you know and not all of them respond to help desk and it could well be they saw that you could not be helped.
    And no, i haven't demonstrated an understanding of the issue that led to the infraction, because there was no issue worthy on an infraction. The only issue i see here is incompetency and lack of common sense.

I clearly disagree which is why I gave the infraction and so do my co mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i think the real issue here is how the **** did he manage to get four infractions and still not be banned?

you guys are way too lenient.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement