Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McCain looking dazed and confused

Options
  • 18-09-2008 8:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

First it's the "crisis, what crisis" line saying the American economy is just fine, then suggesting a 9/11 style commission should investigate it and now finally suddenly finding you are for regulating Wall Street even though you've always been against it.

Anyone else think whatever post-convention/Palin bounce he had is slipping away ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

only if obama manages to sideswipe him while hes down. but i dont approve of any of these smear attacks from either side. its tiresome. McCain really dropped the Medicine Ball on this one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

BenjAii wrote: »
    First it's the "crisis, what crisis" line saying the American economy is just fine, then suggesting a 9/11 style commission should investigate it and now finally suddenly finding you are for regulating Wall Street even though you've always been against it.

Anyone else think whatever post-convention/Palin bounce he had is slipping away ?

Bounces are exactly that. It's still and neck and neck and will probably stay that way, although McCain has picked up a bit in the mountain states. Incidentally the Obama response to it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Don't know about looking dazed and confused...but any clips I have seen on McCain in the last few days have had me thinking that he is not well. I think the campaign may be taking its toll on him. Did anyone else notice this or is it just me? His wife never leaves his side either which I find a little bit strange. Were then always like this or is it a new thing? Surely she could be better used to campaign in other places to him and only meet up every so often for big events.
    Now, don't get me wrong. I am not trying to start an argument about his health here. I honestly hope he is fine and just a bit tired or something but it has definitely struck me very recently that maybe something is up and was wondering if I am imagining it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭BenjAii

Ludo wrote: »
    Don't know about looking dazed and confused...but any clips I have seen on McCain in the last few days have had me thinking that he is not well. I think the campaign may be taking its toll on him. Did anyone else notice this or is it just me? His wife never leaves his side either which I find a little bit strange. Were then always like this or is it a new thing? Surely she could be better used to campaign in other places to him and only meet up every so often for big events.
    Now, don't get me wrong. I am not trying to start an argument about his health here. I honestly hope he is fine and just a bit tired or something but it has definitely struck me very recently that maybe something is up and was wondering if I am imagining it.

It's funny you mention that, because he made this very curious lapse yesterday getting muddled and confused about Spain. (before anyone says it, yes Huffingtonpost, I know it has a liberal bias)

I'm all for believing 70 is the new 60 and that we have much higher expectations now of what we can do and get out of life when we are that old. But you can't change facts, someone of 72 is going to tire far more easily.

In balance I think its unfair to suggest his age would't let him be up to the job of being president; also I have a feeling many of us are going to have to work into our 70's in the future as well, so we better start supporting the idea !

I agree. I don't think his age is that big a deal if he becomes president. The campaign trail is probably harder and more tiring than actually being president.

Was reading earlier about the Spanish mix-up he made alright. Twas a bit strange. Maybe Lieberman (sp?) should hover a bit closer to remind him where Spain is :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭BenjAii

Was reading earlier about the Spanish mix-up he made alright. Twas a bit strange. Maybe Lieberman (sp?) should hover a bit closer to remind him where Spain is :-)

If only you could see it from Alaska, he would already have an expert !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

I agree. I don't think his age is that big a deal if he becomes president. The campaign trail is probably harder and more tiring than actually being president.

He should be sitting at home unwrapping werthers originals j/k

Dunno about age not being a big deal though, remember Ronnie Reagan was definitely addled coming towards the end of his second term...

He should be sitting at home unwrapping werthers originals j/k

Dunno about race not being a big deal though, remember Ronnie Reagan was definitely addled coming towards the end of his second term...

Race??? Bit of a slip there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

is_that_so wrote: »
    Bounces are exactly that. It's still and neck and neck and will probably stay that way, although McCain has picked up a bit in the mountain states. Incidentally the Obama response to it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence either.

Agreed, this is a bounce, that's all. Republicans may want to call the election already and the dems might be scared atm, but that's more a sign of their own weak positions than anything. The republicans know that once the shine comes off Palin (in oh, another 36 hours) the media, criticism, etc, will all be back on McCain, he's another four years of Bush, etc.
    The dems know that Obama is more style than substance (although I do believe he has some substance, he's still an American presidential candidate) and therefore he is probably more vulnerable in a personality-off than a policy debate. Even when McCain got a bump, it only put him 5 points ahead, that's meaningless in real election terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Race??? Bit of a slip there :D

dunno what your talking about :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement