Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harrington is off the Ryder Cup Team

Options
  • 18-09-2008 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Darren Clarke Replaces Harrington on European Ryder Cup Team.

Valhalla Golf Club, Kentucky, immediate release

The European Team was today in shock after Ryder Cup captain Nick Faldo announced that Open and USPGA winner, Padraig Harrington was leaving the team to be replaced by Darren Clarke.

Citing stress and high cholesterol as his main reasons, Harrington felt obliged to pull out of the event. In a statement to the press he said “I found myself in a position where I had to choose between my family, my career and my future”. The popular Irish man apologised to his team members and “wished Team Europe well.”

Faldo had only minutes left to find a replacement with the event due to start in 48 hours. In a press conference he said “Darren was the obvious choice.” Clarke is believed to be flying stateside at present.

For more, including footage from the press conference visit: http://www.europeansportsnews.com/video.php?gf=Darren&gs=Clarke&gc=The%20K%20Club&ght=Norther%20Ireland&gh=0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

humour?

it's funny seeing grown men getting thick about a tiny white ball not going into a hole, but humour forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

LMAO at the comments under the video.

"I think I slept with Darren Clarke last Christmas, I'd be surprised if he could last 9 holes if you know what I mean... :-)"

"Jayney, dis is terrible, who is this Clarke spanner? Does he really play off 0"
    The Bollox wrote: »
    humour?

it's funny seeing grown men getting thick about a tiny white ball not going into a hole, but humour forum?

Watch the video maybe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

ah, only saw the comments now :D my apologies

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

what's the difference between the Ryder cup team and the Munster rugby one ?

There's only one langer on the Ryder cup team

Advertisement