Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trabolgan

Options
  • 18-09-2008 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

has anyone ever been before and what they think of it and what kids think of it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Was there about ten years and it looked really run down!

Think there was a riot there a few years back. Couples of beered up Dub family
    ies going at it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

wouldn't be my choice to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

A friend of mine was there last month for a week, with her hubby and three children aged 7, 5 and 2. She loved it, plenty of things to keep the kids entertained during the day, and night time entertainment as well.
    I'd prefer to head off to the sun myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Oh well, I have to work in the area and well you can imagine the feeling the locals have for this dub (in)fest place, not really a place you should go tbh, escecially in high peak times.

It has gone down hill since the day it opened and it shows. Sorry for raining on your parade but it really is not very highly regarded.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

My sister has gone there twice this year with her two kids, 10 and 4, and her friends and their kids. They had a ball both times. The weather was fine the first time and they were kept occupied all day long, and there was fabulous entertainment at night. The second time the weather was bad, but they had a lot to do indoors.
    If you are thinking of going for a weekend etc. make sure to buy all your groceries before you go, as the shops there are very expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

If you can get onto the Boards Archives - (I've no idea how to look up old threads) but there was a previous thread for Trabolgan and loads of positive things were said about it. I had friends over from Scotland staying with me this year and they brought their boys there 8 and 4 and they as a family had a fabulous day out, raved about the place. If you are staying there a few days, there a beautiful beaches/walks near Trabolgan i.e. Whitebay beach, Roches Point Light House. Lovely little villages near by - Rostellan, Aghada, Whitegate, you're also a few miles from Garyvoe Beach, Ballymaloe, Youghal Strand. From what my friends said - a definite place to visit if in Cork with kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Judes wrote: »
    If you can get onto the Boards Archives - (I've no idea how to look up old threads) but there was a previous thread for Trabolgan and loads of positive things were said about it. I had friends over from Scotland staying with me this year and they brought their boys there 8 and 4 and they as a family had a fabulous day out, raved about the place. If you are staying there a few days, there a beautiful beaches/walks near Trabolgan i.e. Whitebay beach, Roches Point Light House. Lovely little villages near by - Rostellan, Aghada, Whitegate, you're also a few miles from Garyvoe Beach, Ballymaloe, Youghal Strand. From what my friends said - a definite place to visit if in Cork with kids!

Don't forget the lighthouse is off limits, friends live there and while they are very nice it is technically trespass if you just wander on up. Not trying to be too pedantic but you can imagine how many "visitors" think they can just wander about their property.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

That's true re. Lighthouse and most of the time the gate there is shut, to keep people out. But just being next to it and walking along the front, by the little cottages, and the beach in front. I was amazed a few years ago to discover people actually went swimming at Roches Point. They have a swimming area in the rocks, I think more than locals go there swimming too. Great place to watch the ships from too as in the cruisers. J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

just got back from trabolgan, was there all last week, had a blast, the little girl loved it, loads of children laughing and playing and dancing, the bluecoats were very good, great entertainment day and nite, and you could even have a few beers aswell, the swimming pool was very good too with the wave machine and the beach only 2 mins walk. plenty of english and irish there, all got on great had the laugh and banter no cross words at all. just the restaurant there sally o hara's is quite expensive, ate their the first nite and then went of site to the shop and cooked of rrest of week.

all in all it was a great week, the sun was splitting the stones aznd had a great time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 breezor

was there for halloween . me (21) my mam . my dad. and my lil sis(11) and we all had a great time. its our 3rd time in 2 years>. and going again in oct for halloween. so the
    pros are>>>> blue coats were amazin. jazmin ftw. and who can be hotter than natasha :s
    entertainment was brilliant all nites
    lisa can sing. LIKE OMG sing. no messin with that girl.
    the activites were good. (had a little crush on the archery girl myself :p)
    swimming pool was great and fitness place was respectfully good to.

cons>>> pricey (but worth it for the memorys)
    food can be expensive in sallys.
    fone reception was dire!!
    and the puppet show iv seen to death! shud be ogne this year tho. thank god.

so whoever is goin in oct for halloween. see u there !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Audreyly

Hi guys

Can anyone tell me if trabolgan allows you to bring your family dogs with you. And also would my 3 teenagers enjoy it ages 13, 15 and 17.:o

Thanks

Audreyly wrote: »
    Hi guys

Can anyone tell me if trabolgan allows you to bring your family dogs with you. And also would my 3 teenagers enjoy it ages 13, 15 and 17.:o

Thanks

The teenagers will love it, they are going to make their own way anyway.

As for the dog/s, I don't know - but I doubt that they are allowed/accommodate.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Audreyly

dh0661 wrote: »
    The teenagers will love it, they are going to make their own way anyway.

As for the dog/s, I don't know - but I doubt that they are allowed/accommodate.

thanks for that.

I found out that they don't accept family pets in trabolgan. But while I was searching on the web I found out that you don't need any requirements to bring you dogs over to England and that the Haven Holidays acommodate family dogs, so now my next question is has anyone been to any of the haven resorts and would the teenagers like it.

Audreyly wrote: »
    would the teenagers like it.

I think that you should really go (anywhere they will allow a family dog) and enjoy for yourself.

STOP worrying about the sulking teenage children, they always make out.
    We did
    didn't we.
    I remember being a very very very grumpy little bitch about 17 years ago when my parents announced that "we were not going on a sun holiday this year, we are going to spend the 2 weeks with your grand parents in Clonakilty".

Wow what a holiday - my first real boyfriend :o for a few days and a few phone calls after anyways.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Japer

I was there for a week the summer before last, wouldn't be my choice again to be honest, but its just ok. The restaurant there is quite expensive.

Advertisement