Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best pain relief for toothache?

• 18-09-2008 9:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

After being kept awake last night by a frankly incredible amount of pain from an abscess behind my wisdom teeth I was surprised there aren't more threads for dealing with toothache and abscesses etc, when going to a dentist isn't an option, like at four in the morning when all you want from this Goddamned world is some sleep.

Anyhow, I can now report that Solpadine is ****ing useless, and salt and water can actually increase the pain, and warm, milky tea is little or no help either. Rolling up in a ball and praying for a black-out is surprisingly ineffective too.

So, in the absence of Nurofen, what home made or easily available remedies are any use, or should everyone sleep near a 24 hour pharmacy, just in case?

(I had a look at the charter and the stickys to see if these type of threads are allowed, I think they are, sorry if they aren't)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

I'd say rub a drop of whiskey into your gums or possibly vodka...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Clove Oil

Get it from the chemist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

You really have to get an antibiotic! Sorry to say there is no real relief over the counter for an abscess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

You really have to get an antibiotic! Sorry to say there is no real relief over the counter for an abscess.

Just finished a week of antibiotic's for it, am getting the tooth out in two weeks so hopefully it won't flair up again between now and then. (Some hope i guess).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

beerbaron wrote: »
    Clove Oil

Get it from the chemist.

Will do, if I can't take the advice of a beerbaron, who will I listen to?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Just finished a week of antibiotic's for it, am getting the tooth out in two weeks so hopefully it won't flair up again between now and then. (Some hope i guess).

I wish you all the best. Nothing as painfull as an abscess in the middle of the night.

Advertisement