Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help to contact german company

Options
  • 18-09-2008 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭

hi

basically i bought a computer off hardware versand.de and they only take bank transfer (theyre legit though many boardsies have used them) and when i went into the bank to make the transfer the money didnt come out of my account for whatever reason. so a week laterhwv contact me to tell me the money isnt there. i asked them to cancel the order which they did. the orders status on their web page is cancelled.

then on wednesday, three weeks after i originally tried to transfer the money the money came out of my account. i contacted my bank and they said they should be able to get the money back.

then this mornin i get an email from hwv saying "thank you we have received your payment" the orders cancelled!!!

so they have taken 1086€ from my account for an order which on their system says "cancelled"!!

i tried ringing them but they dont have a word of english and i dont have a word of german.

if some kind person that speaks german could help me i can pm u all the details about the order?

thanks a million

Rob

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I don't speak german but would asking someone in the German embassy to act for you help (if the worst came to the worst)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

hmm that could have been a good idea.

i found a guy in my company thats german and he rang them for me and they said that was grand and it was cancelled and they would send the details onto their accountants and email us confirmation.

so they email me in german:

wie telefonisch vereinbart hier die Bestätigung das die Information zur Überweisung Ihres Geldbetrages an unser Rechnungswesen weitergeleitet wurde.

which roughly translates (online translator used!) to

as by telephone agreed here the confirmation that was passed on the information about the transfer of your monetary amount to our accountancy.

which im guessing means its sorted!

thanks for the help, ill give an update when i know anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Good to hear your getting somewhere. :)

Advertisement