Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM08 Installation problem- Any tips?

Options
  • 18-09-2008 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hey all,

I bought a new laptop last week and started about installing football manager. Installed it, and clicked to start application when it had finished. No problems, I played away for an hour, and turned it off. Went back the following day, and couldnt find the game!

Presuming my installation was corrupt, I uninstalled the game. Installed it again without starting it to see could I find it. Found it safely in its folder, however now it wont start as it says it cant find a data folder. The db folder is empty.

Anyone know what going on?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

I run mine off vista & cant use the editor, all the options are greyed out. Ive uninstalled a few times still cant change anything.
    Also it wont accept the latest patch (even though i followed the istruction on another thread step by step)
    Its not FM thats the problem, vista is a piece of ****e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

when using vista you go into it using the start menu>games. works fine for me on it; have been able to run it no problem.

the db folder will be empty anyway unless you've updated your game or downloaded a new one... the default database is in the program files somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭King John V

I found the same thing. I saved mine on the c drive. So when I load the game I go to the c drive first, then program files, then sports interactive and finally the purple fm manager logo. The game loads no problem. Check where you originally stored your game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Rubber Johnny

Thanks for that lads. Tried it all, its still coming up as an error, saying "Unable to find data folder"

Followed by "failed to find defauld database to use. Please make your installation is not corrupt"

Ive installed a few times now and no luck. Im getting thick at this stage!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Do you have use user data ticked in preferences?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Thanks for that lads. Tried it all, its still coming up as an error, saying "Unable to find data folder"

Followed by "failed to find defauld database to use. Please make your installation is not corrupt"

Ive installed a few times now and no luck. Im getting thick at this stage!

the default location for the default database is;

Program Files > Sports Interactive > Football Manger 2008 > data > db > 800

maybe you've installed the game elsewhere and it's messing up the usual paths? like the game could be using an absolute path instead of a relative path...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Rubber Johnny

the default location for the default database is;

Program Files > Sports Interactive > Football Manger 2008 > data > db > 800

maybe you've installed the game elsewhere and it's messing up the usual paths? like the game could be using an absolute path instead of a relative path...

I re-installed the game onto the desktop instead of the C Drive, working perfectly.

Advertisement