Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Chelsea -v- Manchester United [All Pre/During/After Match Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

This thread is funny. Chelsea fans losin the run of themselves and Liverpool fans trying to wipe their arse on everything United achieve....pretty pathetic really.

Jaysus, that is some angry ****!

Boggles wrote: »
    Weren't City top of the table at this stage last season?

Tis a bit early IMO to be doing permutations in fairness.

Indeed, it is far far too early for Liverpool fans to be getting excited!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Brilliant post. You are obviously going full steam ahead to make the 10,000 mark. Best of luck.

Jaysus, that is some angry ****!

In fairness............. the sly digs are pretty dumb tbh. A blind man may agree with them but anyone who knows their football wouldnt.

:rolleyes:

Reading that u have United fans (the ones u found who are crazy wnough to think we'll win!!) saying we might squeak a win and Chelsea fans saying theyll definitely win....easy. Which side is the arrogance on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This thread is funny. Chelsea fans losin the run of themselves and Liverpool fans trying to wipe their arse on everything United achieve....pretty pathetic really.

Also, just saw this edit. Get a grip!!

I don't care who will win on Sunday. However, a match thread should have some reasonable analysis of who will probably win after looking at indicators like current form; who's at home; respective squad issues for the game itself; previous meetings. These favour Chelsea. You are over - reacting!!

In fairness............. the sly digs are pretty dumb tbh. A blind man may agree with them but anyone who knows their football wouldnt.

Oh trust me, I know exactly how annoying the sly digs can be.

A blind man may agree with them but anyone who knows their football wouldnt.

But you admitted earlier that the smartest way to punt the game would be Chelsea win!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

boggles wrote:
    Weren't City top of the table at this stage last season?

Tis a bit early IMO to be doing permutations in fairness.

Yep, I take your point and largely agree. However, this big-four mini league is going to be crucial again, and if Man Utd find themselves with no points from two games, it's going to be difficult to find the traction to kick on - especially with a trip to the Emirates to come before their home games after Christmas.

Anyway, I don't want to drag this thread off topic, so lets leave it at that.

Obviously the Liverpool V Stoke match Thread isn't up yet. :D

• Advertisement

Also, just saw this edit. Get a grip!!

I don't care who will win on Sunday. However, a match thread should have some reasonable analysis of who will probably win after looking at indicators like current form; who's at home; respective squad issues for the game itself; previous meetings. These favour Chelsea. You are over - reacting!!

No im not. In this thread we;ve had people try to claim United got lucky in Moscow and you try to discredit our ending l'Arse's run (aa very big deal) by sayin "Ah yea but sure it was at home".

But you admitted earlier that the smartest way to punt the game would be Chelsea win!!

Have u actually read throught the thread or are u just using the force? I said i thought we'd lose. My issue isnt with the predictions, its with the way Chelsea fans are talking as if its and FA cup trip to Burnley.....oh wait...that didnt work out too well for them did it. And also with the Liverpool fans trying to imply that Fergie just gets lucky all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Neil calm down, not everyone thinks united are as good as you do, don't worry about it.
    Wait until after the match maybe to come back here, life is too short, try asphyxiwanking maybe?

Neil calm down, not everyone thinks united are as good as you do, don't worry about it.
    Wait until after the match maybe to come back here, life is too short, try asphyxiwanking maybe?

Oh you're back. Shocking, where's your trademark kryogen quote????!? ;)

I know how good or bad United are. Right now they suck. They're off form, error prone and seemingly couldnt score in a brothel. Form is a funny thing though. Last year they scored the most, conceded the least and won the big ones, evidence supports my view....... Im not arguing with anyone about that, im arguing about people trying to discredit achievements which have been earned. Im arguing with the small timer arrogance, its ridiculous to EVER say any team will "easily" beat any of the top 4.

Oh you're back. Shocking, where's your trademark kryogen quote????!? ;)

I know how good or bad United are. Right now they suck. They're off form, error prone and seemingly couldnt score in a brothel. Form is a funny thing though. Last year they scored the most, conceded the least and won the big ones, evidence supports my view....... Im not arguing with anyone about that, im arguing about people trying to discredit achievements which have been earned. Im arguing with the small timer arrogance, its ridiculous to EVER say any team will "easily" beat any of the top 4.

Ok I liked that post, that didnt come across in earlier posts but lets not get into that, god it sure is warm out,
    lets appreciate that, the winter gets cold in ways we always forget, se eyou after the game on sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

No im not. In this thread we;ve had people try to claim United got lucky in Moscow and you try to discredit our ending l'Arse's run (aa very big deal) by sayin "Ah yea but sure it was at home".

Have u actually read throught the thread or are u just using the force? I said i thought we'd lose. My issue isnt with the predictions, its with the way Chelsea fans are talking as if its and FA cup trip to Burnley.....oh wait...that didnt work out too well for them did it. And also with the Liverpool fans trying to imply that Fergie just gets lucky all the time.
    Iirc United won a penalty shoot out. Whoever wins a penalty shoot out is the luckier team on the day/night.

I am not surprised that Chelsea fans are expecting a big win. United are missing crucial big match players. Vidic is irreplaceable, I'm not saying that United will not keep a clean sheet but he is certainly a big loss. Carrick is the one who cuts defenses open in big games, he is a huge loss against this Chelsea team.
    On top of that United have had a poor start to the season, Ronaldo coming back makes a huge difference as far as goalscoring alone is concerned. Last season United won a lot of games because of the defense not conceding goals and a certain Ronaldo scoring an incredible amount of goals.
    Chelsea have strengthened their first team and looked very impressive in their last two games. I can fully understand why Chelsea fans would be excited and expect to win this game comfortably.
    As for my own prediction. Given all I've said above I think it could be a 3-0 or 3-1 scoreline in favour or Chelsea.
    I hope United can improve on their recent form and I hope its a great game on Sunday but I think with the form of Anelka and now with Drogba back as well, this game could not come at a better time for Chelsea.

^^^ Sgoulder chip, this was my 1st post...hardly arrogant pro united bias...
    Good time to play United, bad time to play Chelsea. Chelsea will be looking for revenge after Moscow, United still seem to mentally be in Moscow, Chelsea unbeaten at home in the league in 4 years, United struggling to put a goal together.

I know who I'd bet on if I were a professional gambler anyway.

Chelsea will win Id say. But if there was ever a time for United to pull a performance out of their ar$e itd be now. Just dont see it happening with Ronaldo being rusty, Berba will take time to gel, Vidic is out, VDS is shakey, Carrick is out, Terry is off the hook...it just doesnt seem to be likely.

2 or 3 nil Cheslea. Hope I'm wrong.

We'll see on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I have noticed that in your posts recently that you really do see United doing a Barca, i.e. underperformind despite having one of the best squads in the world.

Absolutely, after we basically strolled the league (demolishing basically everyone) and winning the CL, we signed two experienced defenders who both reached world cup finals (Zambrotta and Thuram), we also bought an established goal scorer in Gudjohnsen. We were stronger than the year before, but key players underperformed, and we were hit by bad injuries to Messi and Etoo. I think it's a more similar scenario than United fans would like to admit. It's a real bad fall from grace, but if there's anyone out their who can prevent that, it's probably Ferguson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Im arguing with the small timer arrogance

Maybe its just me, but that statement right there reeks of ironing.

Anyway, I think Chelsea will win by the odd goal. I just dont see where the United goals will come from on current form, particularly if Ronaldo doesnt start. On the other hand I cant see Chelsea having an easy time scoring either, United certainly wont be allowing them the time and space they had against City and Bordeaux. Im gona say it'l be very close with Chelsea nicking it from a set piece maybe.

1-0 Chelsea

I'm not discrediting ending Arsenals run whatsoever. I'm just making the point that ANY team plays and produces different results home and away. Secondly, this is most definitely applicable analysis for a big Utd game because it has been shown time and time again that Ferguson is more cautious in big away games and Utd often come out with a different mentality than when at home. Crucially, the last three big away games you did play were:

- 0 - 0 @ Barcelona;
    - 1 - 2 @ Chelsea;
    - 1 - 2 @ Liverpool;

which could indicate that such approaches are becoming less effective recently (as PHB discussed at the weekend).

Secondly, I don't know why you have such a siege mentality anyway. When last season went down to the last game in the league and you won the EC on a penalty shootout then it is perfectly legitimate for people to put the two clubs at a dead heat. Utd's edge over Chelsea last year was minute. Given that you are currently operating at a lower level to what you were at for the second half of last year - can you blame Chelsea fans for having a bit of confidence coming into Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I'd like to see United just go for it, I'd rather lose that way than go out with a whimper from a defensive cautious gameplan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Hoping for a draw as a Pool fan but really any result has good aspects as NBM pointed out above. Just a bit confused by people saying that Ronaldo looks rusty - I thought he looked brilliant last night. Wouldn't have thought he'd been out at all.

Also that Chelsea record in SB is amazing but it must end and the most likely ones to end it are Manchester United (perhaps Arsenal or Liverpool to a lesser degree). I expect Ferguson to go for it, with Ronaldo, Rooney, Berbatov and Tevez all playing. Hope so anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I fancy United to do well. The season hasn't started the best but Fergie will have everyone fired up for this one and with Ronaldo back in the team there should be cause for optimism.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say United to win it by the odd goal.

Given that you are currently operating at a lower level to what you were at for the second half of last year - can you blame Chelsea fans for having a bit of confidence coming into Sunday?

I would hardly say Chelsea are blowing the opposition away, they managed a good win at home over a terrible Portsmouth, were fortunate to beat Wigan, only drew at home to bottom of the table Spurs, stepped it up in the 2nd half alright against a disorganised and tired City.

Chelsea for me are missing their 3 best players, Drogba, Essien and Ballack - to suggest with that sort of personal missing that a nearly full strength all thou underperforming United will get hammered at the bridge is crazy.

Boggles wrote: »
    stepped it up in the 2nd half alright against a disorganised and tired City.

Their performance in Eastlands is as good as any team in the premiership has looked this season (yes, I think they looked better doing that than we did beating you at home). And it was last weekend. When you guys were looking decidedly ordinary in Anfield. And they cruised at home in the CL midweek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

we;ve had people try to claim United got lucky in Moscow

United were 100% lucky in that final. You can't get any luckier than a decisive penalty taker slipping while taking the penalty, still sending the keeper the wrong way and it hitting the post. How was that not luck

I tried to keep track of how many times United got lucky last year but I'm afraid I prematurely shot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run if you will, so I'm afraid I had something of a mess on my hands.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    United were 100% lucky in that final. You can't get any luckier than a decisive penalty taker slipping while taking the penalty, still sending the keeper the wrong way and it hitting the post. How was that not luck

He slipped after he kicked the ball. Its funny to slag him for the slip but it wasnt the same as Beckham vs Turkey for example, he got clean contact and then his leg went. Sh1t happens, no one else slipped, tough sh1t. Had he have been a better footballer then maybe he'd have hit the target. :pac::P Thats what everyone else did and they scored except Ronaldo and Anelka but hey, at least they hit the target. We scored one more than you and won the cup, and nothing you say will change that. You were lucky to equalize with one of the mpst fortuitous fluke goals ever scored in a Champions League Final, I mean 2 deflections which land it perfectly on lampards lap and VDS slips........ and you were lucky not to be 3-0 down by that stage so give it a rest.

We had our luck.....I wont deny that, but so did you. And no sane person can really argue that it was a travesty cos the better team clearly lost. Thats just rubbish.

I tried to keep track of how many times United got lucky last year but I'm afraid I prematurely shot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run if you will, so I'm afraid I had something of a mess on my hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

I thought United were much better than Chelsea in Moscow and fully deserved to win the game. This weekend I expect utd to up their game and show why their champions. It's what great teams do.

so give it a rest.
    Eh... no
    We had our luck.....I wont deny that, .
    But hang on, I could have sworn.....:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Oh yeah
    In this thread we;ve had people try to claim United got lucky in Moscow
    You already did deny it

Also, I like the way you have ignored a couple of neutrals saying Chelsea were the better team and still say we weren't oblivious of your bias

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Winning a match in a penalty shoot comes down to luck on the night.

Therefore United were lucky to win the Champions league final.
    Chelsea were unlucky to lose the Champions league final.

If Chelsea had won that penalty shootout

Chelsea would have been lucky to win the Champions league final.
    Man Utd would have been unlucky to lose the Champions league final.

End of/

• Advertisement

Eh... no

But hang on, I could have sworn.....:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Oh yeah

You already did deny it
    I didn't deny we had our luck. But thats not whats being suggested. People are making out like Chelsea played all the football and United stole the cup. You had more luck than us and we didn't lose a game in the whole competition so whatever, keep fooling yourself. Id bet you've only watched the match once.

Here are the stats. Your team had to make more saves, had more shots than us but had less shots on target by some margin and committed more fouls........but yea sure keep looking back telling yourself otherwise, if it makes the pain of defeat easier to take I suppose.
    Bubs101 wrote:
    Also, I like the way you have ignored a couple of neutrals saying Chelsea were the better team and still say we weren't oblivious of your bias

Liverpool fans are not neutral mate. They don't count. Especially Mr Alan who hates all things Man United and says so at every opportunity. We played you off the park first half. You dominated possession second half. Bit of a difference. You never looked like scoring a hatful of goals second half. Maybe the defeat hit u hard and u haven't re watched it (lord knows I wouldn't have)...Ive watched the match 3 or 4 times now as well as the extended highlight show the other night, cant get enough of it.
    eagle eye wrote: »

End of/
    Obviously there's luck involved, every single football match involves luck but you also make your own luck.....my argument is that people are saying "United got lucky as the better team lost" which is pure and utter rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

eagle eye wrote: »

End of/

not really. this has been argued time and time again by various managers, but ironically those who tend to think so tend to be those who lose more often. remember Mick McCarthy's team in 2002?

luck is inherent to every aspect of football, but as they say you make your own luck.

Ive watched the match 3 or 4 times now as well as the extended highlight show the other night, cant get enough of it.

I put this first so that maybe you realise just how bias you are and that your opnion that
    Neil1999 wrote:
    Man U are the bestest team in the world and Chelsea are poo.
    is pretty much irrelevant.

I didnt deny we had our luck.
    Would you then care to disect what you meant by this
    In this thread we;ve had people try to claim United got lucky in Moscow
    Seems to be a denial

You had more luck than us
    I forgot how many times you hit the post, care to remind me

Especially Mr Alan
    Check the Chelsea thread for his thoughts on us

We played you off the park first half. You dominated possession second half.
    Got Bias?

I put this first so that maybe you realise just how bias you are and that your opnion that
    is pretty much irrelevant.

Would you then care to disect what you meant by this

Seems to be a denial

I forgot how many times you hit the post, care to remind me

Check the Chelsea thread for his thoughts on us

Got Bias?

Gibberish. Nice edit of my quotes too. My opinion isn't biased, its educated...Ive watched the match a few times so I know what I'm talking about. the tensions was very high so memories of real time watching it are never good to go on. Maybe you should sit down and watch it.

You hit the post twice. The outside of the post that is. That means you missed the target....TWICE (u only hit it twice in the whole game, one being the jambag goal;)) We had two shots saved off the line....meaning we hit the target both times.... Evens out.

Go in the United thread, its the same thing only he posts in our thread a lot more than yours..hence you can see where his bias lies. Ill tell ya Al has a lot more bias against us than you. He absolutely despises Man United and has done all his life, you guys are the johnny come latelys so Im sure his hatred for you hasn't festered to the level it has for United.

Its ok bubs, whatever you say, we won you lost! But you'll get your little victory on Sunday, I'm pretty sure of it. But don't talk to me about the CL Final cos frankly you're clutching at straws. Our names on the trophy, your cabinet has no big ears. Thats really all there is to say. No roll on Sunday and get this beating out of the way :(

My opinion isn't biased, its educated
    Judging from your posts, your opinions on this topic certainly aren't educated if you can't even realise that when you support Man Utd and you are arguing for Man Utd then you are naturally bias, this should help swing your posts slightly towards the educated side
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bias
    To clarify,you are the second one, not the oblique line of direction

not really. this has been argued time and time again by various managers, but ironically those who tend to think so tend to be those who lose more often. remember Mick McCarthy's team in 2002?

luck is inherent to every aspect of football, but as they say you make your own luck.

Yes really. When you have two teams as evenly matched as Utd or Chelsea - luck IS the key factor in a once off encounter assuming both teams show up and perform towards their best. Particularly over the course of a single game, but also over the course of a season because - while variance will even out in the long term - 50 games will not usually be enough for it to do so.

You can replay the Champions league final with those teams on the night ad infinium and over time both teams would win about 50% of them. Phrases like "make your own luck" are nothing more than a simple way of approximating the way a decisive long term edge will not shine through clearly in each individual game and should not be applied in the case of the 2008 CL final.

That there has to be a winner on the night and one team won does not in of itself make them a better team. It is that unpredictability that makes cup competitions so exciting and appealing. But any rational analysis should not be results orientated.

Judging from your posts, your opinions on this topic certainly aren't educated if you can't even realise that when you support Man Utd and you are arguing for Man Utd then you are naturally bias, this should help swing your posts slightly towards the educated side
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bias
    To clarify,you are the second one, not the oblique line of direction

hilarious bubs, you should go into comedy, you're really witty.

I'm biased, you're biased. Clearly. But you'll find me being Uniteds harshest critic if you read the superthread. I'm not a blinker wearing fan, i appreciate when we play sh1t. And i say it. And I say it when we;ve been lucky to win or draw games. We were doing well (don't wanna say lucky because our back 4 played so well its unfair on them to say so) to get out of the Nou Camp last year without conceding for instance.

And Id say it about the Final because its in the past and it doesn't matter cos we have the cup, but I'm not gonna say it cos I don't in any way believe it. I will admit I thought we were gone when Terry was walking up to take the penalty but he missed it, tough sh1t. I'm certainly not one of these "United are great, I love United" people. But United played brilliantly in the final. It culminated with the break from our right back position where Rooney dribbled around Cole, ran with the ball, gave an inch perfect 50 yard pass to Ronaldo who crossed to Tevez which was saved by Cech and then Carrick managed to put the ball in the only place it could be saved. You were lucky Scholes didn't get it!! :pac: seriously though, every commentator said that would have been one of the best ever goals in a Champions League Final. bar a few snapshots Chelsea didnt cause that many problems, Vidic was immense and had Drogba quiet, all Chelsea were doin was dominating possession, hoofing in long balls which Rio and Vida promptly dealt with. No exciting breaks, no moment where u know the fans of the opposition just collectively shat themselves save for the 2 posts hits which as I said were evened out by the 2 off the line clearences especially the 2nd one where Evra tore past Essien and squared to Giggs.

The match was very close and could have gone either way as is shown by the fact that not only did it go to penalties it went to sudden death penalties. We had luck, you had luck. BUT you were not rubbed and it won't be remembered like Steaua Bucharest over Barcelona in 86 as an injustice to football where the far inferior team walked away with the cup. Not even close. That is all.

hilarious bubs, you should go into comedy, you're really witty.

Thank you, would have just used the button but you really didn't deserve it

Thought I'd end on this. Another brilliant example of your contradictory style of posting
    My opinion isn't biased
    I'm biased,

Thank you, would have just used the button but you really didn't deserve it

Thought I'd end on this. Another brilliant example of your contradictory style of posting

We can all take things out of context and quote them. Personally i think its cheap but thats just me.

I'm biased in the same way you are being that we are fans of different clubs and as such cheer for opposite decisions/outcomes etc. But i don't let my being a United fan distort my view on whats going on on the pitch. But hey if u need to resort to that kind of nonsense, be my guest. I gave you a clear enough picture of what i meant in my last post and that'll be all I'm gonna say on it.

• Advertisement

We can all take things out of context and quote them.

No we can't, not everyone makes the same kind of contradictory claims and backtracks as much as you do. Also, how did I take it out of context

No we can't, not everyone makes the same kind of contradictory claims and backtracks as much as you do.

I haven't made any contradictory claims. Ive been very clear, luck was involved in both sides but United were not undeserved winners unlike has been portrayed by some on this thread. That is all.
    Bubs101 wrote:
    Also, how did I take it out of context

Are you serious?

I explained it right there how I could say "I'm biased" and "I'm not biased" in the same breath.
    I'm biased in the same way you are being that we are fans of different clubs and as such cheer for opposite decisions/outcomes etc.

I hope you use your limited intelligence a bit better when you mod the other forums because that's ridiculous. I find it worrying you'd be appointed as a mod judging by your lame attempts to be funny at my expense and your ignoring things that are right in front of you. I never once resorted to trying to make fun of you personally when I was discussing this with you but you have resorting to not talking about the Final and instead talking about how I post. I'm done with this rubbish. I'd say more to you but I think if i want to get banned i should save it for someone who uses their brain when discussing things rather than someone having a go with poor attempts at humour and who strays from the point.

How you can be so wrong never gets old
    I haven't made any contradictory claims.

Just to clarifyhttp://dictionary.reference.com/browse/contradiction
    In this thread we;ve had people try to claim United got lucky in Moscow a
    We had our luck.....I wont deny that,

and
    I'm biased,
    My opinion isn't biased

BTW, this was clearly going to happen again and you might want to lay off the insults for fear of being reported.

How you can be so wrong never gets old

Just to clarifyhttp://dictionary.reference.com/browse/contradiction

and

BTW, this was clearly going to happen again and you might want to lay off the insults for fear of being reported.

Posting dictionary definitions is implicitly calling someone stupid. you know it and i know it. At least I have the balls to flat out say it. So report away, I don't fear being reported, it's an internet forum. I wont let someone like you make sly remarks just because a mod is gonna tell me not to react to your sly digs. If they ban me then so be it but at least I know I wasn't being sly and spineless by posting condescending dictionary definition links so I can play innocent. Or maybe that's that wonderful sense of humour of yours again :rolleyes: Notice my posts stuck to the topic of the Final in Moscow, yours drifted to fail-esque attempts at humour, trying to belittle my intelligence with stupid dictionary links and general avoidance of addressing the topic at hand. I wrote a long enough post summarizing what i meant about the luck factor and you ignored it and starting jibing at my posting style. Big man....

Just for closure, I define the expression "United/Cheslea/Liverpool etc GOT LUCKY" to mean that they won a match they deserved to lose. Saying they "had their luck" means that they had moments where they were lucky things didnt go the other way. In every single football match teams "have their luck". We were lucky Franco hit the post last night and Villareal were lucky Evans hit the post. Thats football. Some nights teams have more luck than others. Some nights teams have considerably more luck while the other team has nothing go right for them, thats when teams "get lucky". I would have thought you knew the difference but I was obviously mistaken since you seem to be more preoccupied with your online dictionary.

If I was as biased as you claim then i wouldn't have posted this as my 1st post in this thread.
    Good time to play United, bad time to play Chelsea. Chelsea will be looking for revenge after Moscow, United still seem to mentally be in Moscow, Chelsea unbeaten at home in the league in 4 years, United struggling to put a goal together.

I know who I'd bet on if I were a professional gambler anyway.

Chelsea will win Id say. But if there was ever a time for United to pull a performance out of their ar$e itd be now. Just dont see it happening with Ronaldo being rusty, Berba will take time to gel, Vidic is out, VDS is shakey, Carrick is out, Terry is off the hook...it just doesnt seem to be likely.

2 or 3 nil Cheslea. Hope I'm wrong.

No i wouldn't. I'd have said "united will win cos they;re great and Chelsea are crap" which is bullsh1t cos if all goes to form Chelsea will win 2 or 3 nil.

I'm done with you now, i;d be breaking the rules of my sig to continue on and sure i know you'll just keep replying using dictionary links anyway as a poor attempt to detract from talking about the point at hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

For all the people discussing random ****e, please just stop. Honestly. If you want to have a discussion about random ****e, make a new thread. Everybody, and I mean everybody, will be better for it. This thread is about this match coming up, if you're not going to post on it, post a new thread.

If you want to talk about last season, go nuts, just don't do it unless it directly relates to the match.

From this point on, anything else deemed off-topic will be deleted without warning.
    this is most definitely applicable analysis for a big Utd game because it has been shown time and time again that Ferguson is more cautious in big away games and Utd often come out with a different mentality than when at home. Crucially, the last three big away games you did play were:

- 0 - 0 @ Barcelona;
    - 1 - 2 @ Chelsea;
    - 1 - 2 @ Liverpool;

which could indicate that such approaches are becoming less effective recently (as PHB discussed at the weekend).

Secondly, I don't know why you have such a siege mentality anyway. When last season went down to the last game in the league and you won the EC on a penalty shootout then it is perfectly legitimate for people to put the two clubs at a dead heat. Utd's edge over Chelsea last year was minute. Given that you are currently operating at a lower level to what you were at for the second half of last year - can you blame Chelsea fans for having a bit of confidence coming into Sunday?

That's a very interesting post. I would however qualify it sometimes, in that every once in a while, Fergie when he senses blood, goes out to attack. United for example in the first half of the CL final we're extremely attacking, and ripped Chelsea apart.
    Sometimes we line up attacking, sometimes. Against Chelsea at home, this could well even be a mistake.

However, with Evans or Neville playing, our defence won't be at its best. Then again, with Vidic playing the way he has, its not a huge loss [amazing thing to say but true so far]

As such, I'd rather go for them. However, we just need some balance. I think I'm at the stage where I'd drop one of Tevez or Rooney, just to get some balance, back, then work them back in one a balance exists.

I'd now go with

Hargreaves---Scholes
    ---Ronaldo
    Rooney
    Anderson---
    Berbatov

We'll need one of the attacking three behind Berbatov to tuck in to shore up the defence I think, to gain some possession. In big games, Scholes tends to get crowded out, and while Hargreaves will help an awful lot, another midfielder dropping in would mean we could play much much better.

BUT you were not rubbed and it won't be remembered like Steaua Bucharest over Barcelona in 86 as an injustice to football where the far inferior team walked away with the cup. Not even close. That is all.

Why must you remind the sole Cule on the board of even more misery... The good times seem so far far away... :pac::pac::pac:

Any bets on this top 4 meeting being a complete let down? 1-0 either way I'd say, 65%/ 35% in favour of Chelsea, but you can never write Utd off.

• Advertisement

eZe^ wrote: »
    Any bets on this top 4 meeting being a complete let down?

I tend to be surprised when the big Premiership games do live up to the hype.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

well we've had one at least decent top 4 game already so there is hope, draw please :D

I tend to be surprised when the big Premiership games do live up to the hype.

Agreed, I just didn't want to flare tempers so late at night... :pac:

Is Drogba going to feature at all? I personally think Kalou is pretty muck, and Anelka isn't settling in as he should, but still the amount of goals from midfield can make up for that until Drogba gets back to full fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Is kickoff at 2 or coverage? Just wondering cas on SSN last night it said live from 2pm, and you know those guys like there Big match build ups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Chelsea 2-0.

We are looking very weak at the moment. Ronaldo could do it for us, but i think Scolari will know how to keep him quiet.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement