Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Chelsea -v- Manchester United [All Pre/During/After Match Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

United should have finished this game long ago, should be 2 or 3-0. Berbatov hasn't even shown up today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Shocking defending for the goal there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

ntlbell wrote: »
    un fcking beliveable

reasonably believable in fairness, united have been crap since they took the lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Bloody Berbatov is absolute rubbish today, and against Pool, he does nothing, I havent seen him offer nothing all game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

You know whats brilliant? The fact that begrudgers were getting at Keane, an Irish player and talking up Berbatov. And the funny thing is Berbatov is even worse than Keane. Like at least Keane has tried, Berbatov's touch is ****, his work rate is ****, everything ****.

Great block from Alex there, love to see that. Makes a nice change from players on 90k a week jumping out of the way of the ball in case it stings them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Mr. X wrote: »
    Bloody Berbatov is absolute rubbish today, and against Pool, he does nothing, I havent seen him offer nothing all game.

He's always been lazy! Now he has his big transfer what's he got to play for? Nothing!

Didn't he get the assist at Anfield. By the way, Alex is a hero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Queue his 90th minute winner :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

SantryRed wrote: »
    Queue his 90th minute winner :pac:

Alex?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

7th yellow for Utd.

Oh hang on. Ferdinand is off. Possibly.

Has the whistle gone? wtf?

Mike

LOL at Ronaldos Joker facial expression.

Whoda thunk a 20 yard overhead wouldnt work?:)

Jesus that ref is having an absolutely SHOCKING game

1-1 fair result... United cant hold onto a f***ing lead AGAIN

Spose the whole "minimum" of 3 mins doesnt even mean that.

I am happy with the Draw, but we went for it I think.

Ref was a joke.

Wayne Rooney for Man Utd at least man of the match worked his bloody socks off.

Gary Neville also did well fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Great result for Liverpool and Arsenal (and Villa/Hull/City etc!)

Mike

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    7th yellow for Utd.

Mike

Hmm. They kicked Arsenal's unbeaten record off them, so reasonable to expect they think they can do the same to Chelsea. Mark of a great side - able to alternate between football and thuggery as the opposition requires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

mg mike Riley is ****ing useless ref

worse ref in the league

shouldn't be near a big 4 match again

It's over. And now to watch the All-Ireland final.
    Been a while since there's been no game at 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

You know whats brilliant? The fact that begrudgers were getting at Keane, an Irish player and talking up Berbatov. And the funny thing is Berbatov is even worse than Keane. Like at least Keane has tried, Berbatov's touch is ****, his work rate is ****, everything ****.

he's played two games against two of the top clubs in england chelsea are not stoke..

That was a fairly **** game, I wonder why the punters bothered showing up at all?;)

Had it not been for Anelka we would have coasted. How long does it have to be before Di Santo is given his chance

• Advertisement

I am happy with the Draw, but we went for it I think.

Ref was a joke.

Agreed. He bought C Ronaldo's flip-flop and let Neville stay on after his foul on Ballack!

Frdinand wasn't sent off.Was he?

he's played two games against two of the top clubs in england chelsea are not stoke..

And Keane was instrumental in that game against Man Utd. His workrate alone, something Berbatov hasn't got resulted in some way towards Liverpool beating Man Utd.

Did Utd not buy him to be a top player? They could have saved themselves a lot of money if they only needed a player to score against the likes of Stoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

TBH - he's been involved in our two goals in those games, and i'd disagree with you about his first touch, other than that though he's been ****e.

I'll give him the benifit or the doubt though. First two games weren't the easiest, particularly today. Alex was a rock when he came on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Ah, so the 30m+ striker bought with Premier League experience was not bought with the intention of performing against top clubs.....?

TBH - he's been involved in our two goals in those games, and i'd disagree with you about his first touch, other than that though he's been ****e.

I'll give him the benifit or the doubt though. First two games weren't the easiest, particularly today. Alex was a rock when he came on.
    Arse , he should have scored today, but Park mopped up the afters.

Frdinand wasn't sent off.Was he?

No, he wouldnt have been anyway but Riley reckined it would be easier to end the game early than waste any more of his busy Sunday with this football lark.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

The ref bottled giving Chelsea a free from there and sending off Frankenstein

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

And Keane was instrumental in that game against Man Utd. His workrate alone, something Berbatov hasn't got resulted in some way towards Liverpool beating Man Utd.

What the Fúck has Keane and Liveprool got to do with this thread?

1-1 was fair result, ref ruined the match, how he got it I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

what happened there at the final whistle? did the ref just call time to avoid making a tough decision?

Stekelly wrote: »
    Did Utd not buy him to be a top player? They could have saved themselves a lot of money if they only needed a player to score against the likes of Stoke.

Good point, and your not exactly a Keane fan.

what happened there at the final whistle? did the ref just call time to avoid making a tough decision?

Probably had a few quid on the draw and couldnt risk Drogba scoring the free.

Glad to see it went as planned, we laid down and Chelsea got the EASY win..........

Decent result, the ref was an absolute disgrace. Shambolic on all fronts.

The ref bottled giving Chelsea a free from there and sending off Frankenstein

Shut up:rolleyes:

Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Looked that way.

Ref was shocking. The tackles are always going to fly in these matches, and being that card happy is never a good idea. We're lucky he wasn't called on to make a bigger decision as a result.

It wasn't even a particularly dirty match today, yet manu somehow got 7 yellows. I never liked graham poll, yet the way he handled some of the bigger games, by showing a bit of leniency early on, seemed to result in a better match.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Shut up:rolleyes:

Seriously.

Ah no because it's the truth

Seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

I know some will say because they where not allow to but anyway , I feel p**sed off at Utd tactics today .They played great for the first 25 mins or so and where by far the better team. They go ahead and every thing does into a negative mod , sitting back and allow Chelsea into the Game . They keep this up till Chelsea get the goal , Then they decide to try and play a bit of football again and creation one or two half chances .And for the last 5 mins look like they may even get a winner.
    Yes Chelsea where on top for 3/4's of the game . And as one of the top teams you expect the home team to have long periods of possession and dominance. But just how much was down to them over powering and outplaying us all over the park and how much was helped by our negative tactics

Away point at the Bridge , I'll take that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

spockety wrote: »
    Ah, so the 30m+ striker bought with Premier League experience was not bought with the intention of performing against top clubs.....?

lol over time. Not his 1st 2 games

You probably think Ronaldo is in a crisis not scoring in his 1st 2 sub appearances back

Torres in a crisis only having 1 goal

Robbie Keane a flop already

Drogba in a crisis not scoring today

etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Fair result, maybe Chelsea shaded it. They definitely had the better chances.

Referee was poor. Ronaldo is a cheat, a great talent but a cheat. It discusted me to see that, he didnt do much of that the last two years, brought back memories of before that though. Anelka and Joe Cole had great chances, Cole had two (one was offside). How Anelka missed that I dont know. Rooney, Park (again) and Ferdinand all should have scored also.

Chelsea shaded it but it would have been harsh on United if Chelsea snatched it at the end and visa versa.

Good TV, good match. I've watched better and witnessed far better refering decisions though

Ah no because it's the truth

Seriously

IMO wasn't a free kick.

Ferdinand played the ball.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i dont know who i hate more
    Ashley Cole, Gary Neville or Mike Reilly.

I thought it was a foul and by Ferdinands reaction I think he thought he was off too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Pretty much. Dont think he should ref a game in the league again. Ruined what should have been an excellent game with some of the most stupid calls you will ever see. I actually think both teams did well not to have a man sent off for discent towards the ref, and the FA ask the players to respect the ref after a performance like that? Shocking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Jazzy wrote: »
    i dont know who i hate more
    Ashley Cole, Gary Neville or Mike Reilly.

Now that's a tough call but i'll go for Neville over cashly by a nose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement