Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Chelsea -v- Manchester United [All Pre/During/After Match Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,447 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

another poor performance from united. lucky to get a point from it - but an important point anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

United didn't deserve the win, especially after bringing on JOSH. How about bringing on Tevez and going for 2-0? Bloody cautious Ferguson.

Shocking defending for Chelsea's goal -- Ferdinand was the only player to bother.

And it's Ji Sung Park who has to score our goal; it'd be great if we could play a formation other than 440.

I would been happy with a point today, and I'd say Ferguson would have been too.

Still, would be fantastic psychologically to break Chelsea's home record...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Unearthly wrote: »
    lol over time. Not his 1st 2 games

You probably think Ronaldo is in a crisis not scoring in his 1st 2 sub appearances back

Torres in a crisis only having 1 goal

Robbie Keane a flop already

Drogba in a crisis not scoring today

etc etc

No, Ronaldo is only back from injury, as is Torres (mind you he did score in his first big match against Chelsea at the start of last season), Robbie Keane has been working very hard for his team, and Drogba is only back from injury.

So in short, no I don't think any of the things you said I probably do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was a good result for United and a fair reflection on the game overall. Things panned out the way I expected with United nicking an early goal and trying to hold out. It's a shame Chelsea got back into it with what was a soft goal. They did pile on quite a bit of pressure though and seeing them get their goal wasn't that big of a shock.

I thought United's defence was very good throughout and Park worked his socks off. For me Wayne Rooney was the man of the match. He worked his arse off and was involved in creating chances as well as doing some important defending. Berbatov was largely anonymous unfortunately but it's early days for him. Ronaldo wasn't great but he is only coming back so I wouldn't judge him too harshly. I think Tevez deserved a run out at some point.

For Chelsea I thought Ballack and Joe Cole did well but a few of their big players like Lampard and Anelka simply didn't produce on the day. The subs Kalou and Alex did well for them though I must say.

All in all I'd say it was a compelling clash. Chelsea weren't at their best, perhaps due to Deco not being fit, whilst United are still trying to find their feet. Both sides had to work hard for what they got.

I'd say both managers will be content at how things turned out.

PS I must add that I thought Mike Riley was a disgrace. He never let the game flow and kept blowing that damn whistle too much. The best refs are the ones you hardly notice and you couldn't help but notice Riley today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

PS I must add that I thought Mike Riley was a disgrace. He never let the game flow and kept blowing that damn whistle too much. The best refs are the ones you hardly notice and you couldn't help but notice Riley today.

With a schnozel like his, Riley will never go unnoticed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Happy with the point, great result considering the circumstances. Thought the back four were excellant although Neville is showing his age abit now and could easily have been sent off. Thought Evans did very well. Rooney looked alot more comfortable up front and worked his socks off for the cause. Dissapointing to lose a goal to a set piece, TK should have come out and cleared the ball. Pity Foster is injured or he could have a real opportunity of taking the number one jersey. Agree with everyones comments on Riley, absolute shocker of game.

Lol at the people writing Berbatov off, its his second game ffs, he has had no preseason and he has played against two of the best defences in the league and was still involved in our last two goals. He will shine in this Utd team, of that I have no doubt. That said I would have liked to see him replaced with Tevez with 20 minutes to go today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    I know some will say because they where not allow to but anyway , I feel p**sed off at Utd tactics today .They played great for the first 25 mins or so and where by far the better team. They go ahead and every thing does into a negative mod , sitting back and allow Chelsea into the Game . They keep this up till Chelsea get the goal , Then they decide to try and play a bit of football again and creation one or two half chances .And for the last 5 mins look like they may even get a winner.

I'd agree.
    United started very well and were playing attacking football and creating good chances.
    They had Chelsea on the back foot and that is the place to have them if you want to beat them.
    Once they got the goal they became alot more cautious and defensive giving the initiative to Chelsea .
    How Ferguson thought he could hold out for 65 minutes at Stamford Bridge by allowing Chelsea the initiative and encouraging them on Utd is baffling .
    The game was there for the taking in the first half,Chelsea were very poor.
    United need to play to their strengths and defending for 70 minutes isnt one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Chelsea dominated possession, and played their brute force football which created some chances they didn't put away. Kalou finally gets it after being unmarked in a set piece (shocking defending)

United on the other hand, at times, carved Chelsea open at will. Rooney should have definately had a goal, without a doubt should have scored. Ferdinand should really have scored.

I'd have taken a draw before the game and I'll take it now. The second United scored, we all knew what would happen for the rest of the game. Sit back, try to soak it up, and in the end, we nearly did. Almost identical to the Liverpool game except that Liverpool scored earlier. If the game had went on 20 more minutes, I'd say Chelsea would have won. Same negative as **** tactics from Fergie, Quierez made them work with his amazing defensive organisational ability, they are not going to work anymore! Play to our bloody strengths! In the first 25 minutes, their defence looked average!

p.s. How did Anelka miss, jesus.

1-1 fair result in the end, not a bad result for United to be honest, if they win their game in hand against Fulham, we're 4 points off the top.

---

The ref was absolutely ****ing shocking. Aside from the ending where he gave a foul that shouldn't have been given, then didn't send Ferdinand off, which he clearly had to if it was a foul, then realised he ****ed up, so blew the whistle to get out of it. Hilarious!

So amazingly inconsistant. Set the standard at a very low level, fine, then totally ignored it.
    Ronaldo gets a yellow for saying he was pushed with his hands, then Ashley Cole screams abuse at the ref and doesn't get anything!
    United players booked for very little, like Scholes, then Joe Cole brings down someone in the middle and gets nothing!

Utterly terrible terrible terrible reffing in every aspect of the game, every single one. Thank god there was no real major decisions to make, cause he no doubt would have ****ed them up. Shocking ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

PHB wrote:
    The ref was absolutely ****ing shocking. Aside from the ending where he gave a foul that shouldn't have been given, then didn't send Ferdinand off, which he clearly had to if it was a foul, then realised he ****ed up, so blew the whistle to get out of it. Hilarious!

So amazingly inconsistant. Set the standard at a very low level, fine, then totally ignored it.
    Ronaldo gets a yellow for saying he was pushed with his hands, then Ashley Cole screams abuse at the ref and doesn't get anything!
    United players booked for very little, like Scholes, then Joe Cole brings down someone in the middle and gets nothing!

Utterly terrible terrible terrible reffing in every aspect of the game, every single one. Thank god there was no real major decisions to make, cause he no doubt would have ****ed them up. Shocking ref.

Totally agree about the ref, he has always been known to give one team everything. If it was at OT united would be getting all the decisions. Riley is a bottler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Poor quality, but here is the balloon incident.

2r3w67n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Stekelly wrote: »
    Did Utd not buy him to be a top player? They could have saved themselves a lot of money if they only needed a player to score against the likes of Stoke.

Of course they did but saying he's flopped after his first two games is stupidity of the highest order.

he's as much of a flop as keane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

And Keane was instrumental in that game against Man Utd. His workrate alone, something Berbatov hasn't got resulted in some way towards Liverpool beating Man Utd.

Berbatov has 2 assists from 2 games. That'll do for me.
    Stekelly wrote: »
    Did Utd not buy him to be a top player? They could have saved themselves a lot of money if they only needed a player to score against the likes of Stoke.

Someone like Keane? Maybe not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

ntlbell wrote: »
    Of course they did but saying he's flopped after his first two games is stupidity of the highest order.

Too right, but that's soccer fans for you! Next week he'll get two and the same heads will be saying he's the second coming of Cantona!"

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Dave! wrote: »
    What happened with fergie and the balloon...???

ntlbell wrote: »

he's as much of a flop as keane

You can't call him a flop after only 2 games, but you can say that he has had two bad ones so far, what's wrong with that?

Keane was presumably bought to get goals, so yes in that respect you can say he has flopped so far, but in the same vein as Berbatov you cannot say he was not worth buying, it's far too early to tell. Let's look at things in May.

This does not change the fact that Berbatov has had two bad games so far!
    (Yes I know he got an assist against Liverpool.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

spockety wrote: »
    Don't forget about his assist today as well!

Fantasy Football stats:
    Keane 12 points for 406 mins
    Berbatov 13 points for 206 mins.

Argument over.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

You can't call him a flop after only 2 games, but you can say that he has had two bad ones so far, what's wrong with that?

Keane was presumably bought to get goals, so yes in that respect you can say he has flopped so far, but in the same vein as Berbatov you cannot say he was not worth buying, it's far too early to tell. Let's look at things in May.

he hasn't had two bad games

united never had the ball against the pool that's nothing to do with him

and the rare chance he had against liverpool he setup the goal

again today united had very little of the ball

he was a bit lazy in general yet still got an assist..

saying he played badly in both is just stupid.

(granted he made a few mistakes today)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Should of nicked it in the end. United did there job. Ref was terrible. Happy with a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Pighead wrote: »
    Don't forget about his assist today as well!

Fantasy Football stats:
    Keane 12 points for 406 mins
    Berbatov 13 points for 206 mins.

Argument over.:cool:

I had Keane captain one week though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Chelsea shoulda won ... again ... but after being behind happy enough with the
    point .. better for us then united ...

• Advertisement

jackdaw wrote: »
    Chelsea shoulda won ... again ... but after being behind happy enough with the
    point .. better for us then united ...

I'm sorry - how is a draw against United at home better for Chelsea than United? Granted, United could have done with the win, but simply put - a draw was a great result for us considering how badly we have been playing this season. Given the Chelsea fans were saying it could be a 2 or 3 nil stroll in the park for them this weekend (i thought it would be too) I fail to see how you can now say a draw was a better result for chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

can someone help me out with this please, had to go out as soon as the game finished yesterday....but why wasnt Scholes sent off? (yellow for a stupid tackle,then kicking the ball away 5 mins later) and why wasn't Rio sent off and Chelsea allowed take their free kick?

cheers

also i'm presuming that we arent counting parks goal as deserving of any credit, or as an actual goal for Utd as it was a gift from Cech? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Tauren wrote: »
    I'm sorry - how is a draw against United at home better for Chelsea than United? Granted, United could have done with the win, but simply put - a draw was a great result for us considering how badly we have been playing this season. Given the Chelsea fans were saying it could be a 2 or 3 nil stroll in the park for them this weekend (i thought it would be too) I fail to see how you can now say a draw was a better result for chelsea.

given uniteds bad start to the season they needed the points more then we did..

anyway i don't wanna get into a tennis style argument here ... purely from a points view it was a better result for us ..

but true enough a home draw for us isn't a great result either ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    can someone help me out with this please, had to go out as soon as the game finished yesterday....but why wasnt Scholes sent off? (yellow for a stupid tackle,then kicking the ball away 5 mins later) and why wasn't Rio sent off and Chelsea allowed take their free kick?

cheers

also i'm presuming that we arent counting parks goal as deserving of any credit, or as an actual goal for Utd as it was a gift from Cech? ;)
    Probably the same reason Chelsea only got 1 card: the ref is a handicap.

was their other tackles that deserved bookings for Chelsea, in fairness they had the ball for most of the game and cant really think of any?

I'd also call not going through with 2 sending offs and blowing up early when Chelsea have a free at the edge of the box a little worse than maybe 1/2 challenges that could have been bookings (that i cant even remember, i'm just giving you the benefit of the doubt)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

was their other tackles that deserved bookings for Chelsea, in fairness they had the ball for most of the game and cant really think of any?

I'd also call not going through with 2 sending offs and blowing up early when Chelsea have a free at the edge of the box a little worse than maybe 1/2 challenges that could have been bookings (that i cant even remember, i'm just giving you the benefit of the doubt)
    Off the top of my head Joe Cole should have been booked for a late lunge on Ferdinand.

The ref was a joke tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

cheers

Are you sure you support Liverpool or just ABU? Park was in the right place at the right time but it was no gift from Cech, he didn't catch it and unfortunately it went into Parks path. Cant really put too much blame on Cech. If you want to see a 'gift' of a goal you need look no further than Liverpools first v United last week...

As for the decisions, did you not see the game? The ref was absolutely shambolic, if you had actually watched the game you would have seen this.

oh i watched the game Rory, and believe me, i am well aware that Riley is a shambles of a ref and should not be let anywhere a PL match. his shambolic performance on Sat was of benefit to UTd though. also, remind me how often he awards Utd penos at OT ;)

my point about parks goal was actually after the stupid comments leveled at liverpool by some on here after the game last week, when we were slated and said "you couldnt even score you own goals and had to have them gifted by mistakes"....just pointing out the stupidity of it all tbh. fair play to park, took his goal well, decent player.

• Advertisement

oh i watched the game Rory, and believe me, i am well aware that Riley is a shambles of a ref and should not be let anywhere a PL match. his shambolic performance on Sat was of benefit to UTd though. also, remind me how often he awards Utd penos at OT ;)

my point about parks goal was actually after the stupid comments leveled at liverpool by some on here after the game last week, when we were slated and said "you couldnt even score you own goals and had to have them gifted by mistakes"....just pointing out the stupidity of it all tbh. fair play to park, took his goal well, decent player.

To the benefit of us? We had 7 players booked. Thatll benefit us down the line when suspensions kick in yea :rolleyes: The bookings of Ronaldo and Evra were a joke. And you argument about the free being taken is silly. The time was up so the match is over, why let it go on? Seriously Al, those last few posts reeked of bitter.

Parks goal...ok u can hardly compare Cechs "mistake" (parrying a powerful shot - the defenders should take the blame as its their job to clear...Park was unmarked) to those of VDS and Giggs last week. they were 2 of the most gift wrapped goals Ive ever seen. Come on Al, save your ABU for times when its justified to do so will ya.

To the benefit of us? We had 7 players booked. Thatll benefit us down the line when suspensions kick in yea :rolleyes: The bookings of Ronaldo and Evra were a joke. And you argument about the free being taken is silly. The time was up so the match is over, why let it go on? Seriously Al, those last few posts reeked of bitter.

Parks goal...ok u can hardly compare Cechs "mistake" (parrying a powerful shot - the defenders should take the blame as its their job to clear...Park was unmarked) to those of VDS and Giggs last week. they were 2 of the most gift wrapped goals Ive ever seen. Come on Al, save your ABU for times when its justified to do so will ya.

Liverpool's first goal was obviously gift wrapped given.

The second one however still required a bit of work after Giggs was dispossesed, and Liverpool made that goal themselves by putting United under severe pressure for sustained periods of time.

2-1, get over it.

The second one however still required a bit of work after Giggs was dispossesed, and Liverpool made that goal themselves by putting United under severe pressure for sustained periods of time.

Have to agree with you here, United should have defended better but cant take much away from Liverpool's second goal, fairly similar to Uniteds goal.
    2-1, get over it.

Why finish with this comment, you were doing so well...

so giggs tries to shepard a ball out of play, fails do so so, kuyt wins it from him in a tackle, takes the ball and lays it back to Babel, who strikes a bobbling ball in the back of the net.....and that a gifted goal, but Cech spills ball 5 yards from goal and is struck in by Park....thats not a gift? and i'm the biased one? :rolleyes:

wasnt ronaldo booked for dissent? how is that a joke?

if he didnt get it for that, he should have gotten it for his dive shouldnt he?

i think it more of a joke Scholes wasnt shown a second yellow for kicking the ball away.

wat other yellows were undeserved? i also thought Neville was lucky to stay on the pitch.

wat about Ferdinand for shouting at the ref numerous times or his foul at the end, or his crazy fit after the foul was given? second yellow there. joke.

minimum of 3 minutes, ref blew up for a foul before the 3 minute mark, ferdinand has his little fit, ref changes his mind. its a farce, but one gets used to that sort of mentalness, especially from that ref when Utd are involved.

2-1, get over it.

Im over it. We deserved to lose, we lost, no complaints from em. Give that sh1t a rest. A more gift wrapped equaliser you'll never get. Bobble Babel and Mascherano did well on the 2nd Ill give u that but they should never ever ever have gotten that chance. But like I said no complaints. All I said was comparing Parks goal to babels is laughable. chelsea didnt cheaply give us possession in their box. There were some passes, a shot and a rebound. Not the same at all.

Neil, i cant help but notice your bitterness levels have gone up a notch this season....there a load of Liverpool fans in your new work or something?

there was a shot, a fumble, a goal. Cech is at fault badly for that goal.

• Advertisement

minimum of 3 minutes, ref blew up for a foul before the 3 minute mark, ferdinand has his little fit, ref changes his mind. its a farce, but one gets used to that sort of mentalness, especially from that ref when Utd are involved.

Listen for the whistle immediately as Drogba goes down - 3 blows on the whistle, it signaled the end of the game - BEFORE Rio threw his weird little fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Good result for Utd, though I can't understand why they decided to play as they did after taking the lead. They conceded the flow of the game to Chelsea from that point on and were lucky not to lose in the end. If Chelsea had got the inevitable equalizer a tad earlier (i.e. Anelka's miss) then it could have been worse.

Neville and Joe Cole were pretty bad yesterday - but at least it wasn't for the lack of trying. Anelka and Berbatov were dreadful. Anelka couldn't put a foot right for almost the entire game (his ownage of Neville at the corner flag excepted). Terrible technique, poor decision making, awful finishing. As far as Berbatov is concerned surely it is a case of horses for courses? I mean, if you are going to play like that, surely Tevez is going to be so much more useful in that he will help close down from the front and provide a more mobile outlet on the break.

Footballers who give nothing in terms of effort is a point of constant irritation for me. There is no justification for him to be so disinterested and lazy when he is compensated to such a degree for what he does. Obviously, in games where Utd have most of the ball and are trying to break down the opposition - he will be worth his weight in gold for ye. But he has been a liability the last two weeks imo.

Ronaldo looked unfit and slightly off his best. Evans was decent again imo.

Chelsea did miss Deco yesterday. It was the perfect type of game for him after the first 25 minutes and his guile and creativity would have been a huge advantage to them. As usual, Ballack was regal and I was surprised to see him taken off.

It's something for Utd to build on, but Chelsea are looking the class of the field at this early stage.

so giggs tries to shepard a ball out of play, fails do so so, kuyt wins it from him in a tackle, takes the ball and lays it back to Babel, who strikes a bobbling ball in the back of the net.....and that a gifted goal, but Cech spills ball 5 yards from goal and is struck in by Park....thats not a gift? and i'm the biased one? :rolleyes:

wasnt ronaldo booked for dissent? how is that a joke?

if he didnt get it for that, he should have gotten it for his dive shouldnt he?

i think it more of a joke Scholes wasnt shown a second yellow for kicking the ball away.

wat other yellows were undeserved? i also thought Neville was lucky to stay on the pitch.

wat about Ferdinand for shouting at the ref numerous times or his foul at the end, or his crazy fit after the foul was given? second yellow there. joke.

Wasnt it Mascherano who took it off Giggs? Either way, read post above. The goal was well taken but the chance should never have come. Id have been less pissed off about it if a shot was parried by VDs tbh. (provided it wasnt a soft shot which in fairness to cech, it wasnt)

What about Nani getting booked last week when mascherano dived? Otr Gerrards scissor tackle in the corner at the end of last weeks game which went unpunished? We've had two weeks of ridiculous bookings. Scholes was never lucky to stya on. He was lucky in the sense that he gave away loads of free kicks but they were soft free kicks which came about from the ref being a numpty.

Ronaldo was booked for asking the ref why he allowed a studs up challenge to go unpunished. What about Rooney pointing out to the ref on 2 different occasions that he let Chelsea players away with fouls that he;d booked our players for? Neville deserved a booking but then so would have at least 5 Chelsea players.

So you're honestly complaining with a straight face that the ref was too lenient on UniteD? Sorry, but thats laughable and Im not getting into a debate with u on that because I just cant take anyone seriously who'd believe that. Riley was a joke.

Don't ignore the build up play before the shot, brilliant passing in the lead up... probably the best bit of play United had all game.

And if you watch the replay it wasn't as easy a save as you might first think. Cech was moving across goal and was unlucky not to hold on to it. An error on his part maybe, but not a particularly bad one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Jaysus lads, Cech will probably be disappointed with the goal to some extent - but I've seen (and been guilty of lol) an awful lot worse in terms of goalkeeping errors. Any player who follows shots up and doesn't give up on a play deserves credit. As such, Park did well for the goal - just as Riera did well to pressure Brown and VDS last week.

Having a lengthy argument about these goals is vaguely retarded imo.

• Advertisement

Vaguely retarded indeed.

Wasnt it Mascherano who took it off Giggs? Either way, read post above. The goal was well taken but the chance should never have come. Id have been less pissed off about it if a shot was parried by VDs tbh. (provided it wasnt a soft shot which in fairness to cech, it wasnt).

it was Mascherano, you're right actually.

so a player makes run into box, opposition player tries to shepard ball out of play, player battles and wins ball back, lays off to another attacking who in turn advances toward goal and lays back to another attacker who scores -VS- player shoots goalie fumbles ball in 6 yard box,falls to another player who scores.

i agree this argument is a stupid one to have, i am just trying to point out that Utd fans were saying Liverpool couldnt claim any credit for either of the goals last week, then somehow they can for theirs this week? its ridiculous. 99.9% of goals come from defensive errors.
    What about Nani getting booked last week when mascherano dived?).

Nanis was ridiculous, Mascherano dived or at least went down very easily. bad decision from ref.
    Or Gerrards scissor tackle in the corner at the end of last weeks game which went unpunished?)

didnt the ref give a free? should it have been a booking? not so sure
    Scholes was never lucky to stya on. He was lucky in the sense that he gave away loads of free kicks but they were soft free kicks which came about from the ref being a numpty.

you aint pointing out how the yellows yesterday shouldnt have been yellows? you said Ronaldo got it for complaining about a studs up tackle.....i'd imagine he may have used colourful language to the ref or been a little disrespectful, but even if he didnt get that yellow, he should have got one for his shocking dive. either way Ronaldo deserved to get a yellow in the match yesterday, you dont know wat he said to the ref. even if he was nice as pie he "should" have gotten one for his dive.

as for scholes....

he got a yellow that was definate-dont really think there is any argument about that....

then by your own admission he gave away "loads of free kicks", obviously for this alone he was lucky not to get a second yellow for persistant offences but thats not wat gauls me...what does that is

1)its scholes so he is let away with it, afterall its like a running joke in the PL wat he gets away with, if i had a penny for every time a commentator laughed off a bad tackle with the excuse, "oh scholes, never has been able to tackle!"

2)even ignoring all the silly frees he gave away, after he was booked, he kicked the ball away when the ref gave a decision against Utd, that is an automatic second yellow. there is not even the slightest excuse for anything other than that. again Riley bottled it.

then on top of all that. he blows up early after awarding a free to Chelsea just outside the box.

it was over three minutes when he blew it up, but it wasnt when he blew for the foul. Ferdinand and other Utd players (presumably most of whom were on a yellow!:)) surrounded the ref he then blew up around then to signal the end of the match as far as i could make out. Ferdinand was screaming in his face before storming off...second yellow for the foul? second yellow for the subsequent dissent? second yellow for any of the Utd players who surrounded the ref? dont think so
    So you're honestly complaining with a straight face that the ref was too lenient on United

yes i am, and I'm giving reasons for why i think it was an awful performance from Riley which favoured Utd.

I agree with a few of your comments Mr Alan but
    didnt the ref give a free? should it have been a booking? not so sure

that was an awful challenge

i honestly cant really remember it Trilla, i just remember the ref giving a foul....if it was deserving of a booking then fair enough, he should have been booked. I have no issue with that and it dilutes none of my points about the game yesterday.

Also, its quite clear that you have a massive hatred for Manchester United. Crystal Clear

Trilla wrote: »
    Also, its quite clear that you have a massive hatred for Manchester United. Crystal Clear
    What Top 4 supporter doesnt?

I dont like Utd, everyone knows that. wats the issue with that? do i have to like em to have an opinion on anything to do with them? has anything i said about the game yesterday been untrue? I give them praise when due, i slate them when due, i'd give Riley praise if he reffed the game excellently yesterday, he didnt, he had a nightmare, i've outlined my reasons why i think he favoured Utd.

CHD wrote: »

Man Utd fans? ;)

CHD wrote: »

My brother
    Tom that works in the local shop
    Damo who lives with me in the big schmoke
    Paul who sits beside me here in work
    Then theres Nat, Sean and John who sit behind me...they dont
    Paul from Kerry doesnt either
    Noddy likes watching them play
    Kelly says he does but he doesnt
    Darren - he just thinks they're boring (he's a tool)
    My nextdoor neighbour from back home doesn't
    I just textd Gordo there....nope he doesnt hate them
    Meme does - but he's another tool
    Conolly just told me no in an msn
    My other brother
    I'm gonna ask the receptionist...I think she's a chelsea fan hold on - NO
    Mick from support doesnt hate them
    Neither does Sean
    and hold on there I'll ask one more Dave?
    Dave thinks they're sexy

Man Utd fans? ;)
    Obv, clever one aren't you :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement