Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MY CAR (VW GOLF) WAS STOLEN!!!!!! :(

Options
  • 18-09-2008 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

PLEASE can anyone tell me if they see a 2007 WHITE GOLF GT TSi (2 door)

It was stolen from my house in Ashbourne, between 1am & 5am thursday morning!

Obviously on a wanted list & taken with intention to keep for themselves :mad:

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Crap. Will keep my eye out for it. Have you a tracker on it? Drive around and check car parks lane ways estates etc. They will move than likely park it up and wait a few days in case there is a tracker in it. Hope you get it back safe and well

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

bad luck man, hope your well insured and you dont get screwed by the insurance company as i dont think i would want the car back after it being stolen.

2 door cars are not great for robberies, well with the 2 doors and all. i reakon these kind of cars are being stolen to order for people who might of wrote off their own or indeed by people with the basic 1.4 golg looking to do an engine conversion or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭skibum

Have you posted on other forums such as www.vagdrivers.net?
    The more eyes you have out there the better.

Hope you get it back in one piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Sorry to hear that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Toni08

NiSmO wrote: »

Yea its 170bhp.. pretty distinctive. only bought it in july :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Is there anything distinctive that'll identify it? Can you give the reg in case someone sees it lying up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

It's not that the Golf GT is a "wanted car", it's that any car that's popular on the road is worth targeting and stealing cause they're the ones they'll sell on quickly. Pick any popular car - they're the ones to take.
    Sorry to hear it OP, unfortunately that's the joys of having something you want. Thieves want it too. For most insurance companies though your no-claims won't be affected for 1 theft. You're better off getting an insurance cheque than a damaged car back.

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Is there anything distinctive that'll identify it? Can you give the reg in case someone sees it lying up?

ITS WHITE WITH DOUBLE EXHAUST, WHITE SUNVISOR WITH GT IN SMALL RED PRINT.
    07 CW 1446
    I'M DEVASTATED.
    & I KNOW GOLFS ARENT A 'WANTED' CAR BUT THIS WAS OBVIOUSLY ORDERED FOR SOME SCUM THAT WONT GO OUT & BUY THEIR OWN!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,371 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Toni08 wrote: »
    ITS WHITE WITH DOUBLE EXHAUST, WHITE SUNVISOR WITH GT IN SMALL RED PRINT.
    07 CW 1446
    I'M DEVASTATED.
    & I KNOW GOLFS ARENT A 'WANTED' CAR BUT THIS WAS OBVIOUSLY ORDERED FOR SOME SCUM THAT WONT GO OUT & BUY THEIR OWN!! :mad:

its a ****ing disgrace

you work hard to afford the car and this happens

• Advertisement

its a ****ing disgrace

you work hard to afford the car and this happens

AH ITS UNREAL!! SCUMBAGS! I WOULDNT WANT IT BACK IF ITS IN A HEAP. IT JUST SCARES ME THAT THIS IS HAPPENING EVERY NIGHT OF THE WEEK. SOME DIRTBAG MUST HAV BEEN FOLLWOING ME TO SEE WHERE I LIVE & TO COME INTO MY HOUSE & TAKE THE KEYS! THANKFULLY NO-ONE WAS HURT. A CAR CAN BE REPLACED.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

A Padraic Nally stance against scum like this might deter them if theres a danger their heads would be blown off. Its only a car at the end of the day granted, but if there was a clear oportunity i wouldn't think twice about it.

A Padraic Nally stance against scum like this might deter them if theres a danger their heads would be blown off. Its only a car at the end of the day granted, but if there was a clear oportunity i wouldn't think twice about it.

SORRY WHATS UR PROBLEM???!
    SOMEONE STOLE MY CAR!
    CAME INTO MY HOUSE.

& UR TRYIN TO TELL ME NOT TO CALL THEM SCUMBAGS? DONT THINK SO PAL. THE CAR WILL BE REPLACED. BUT THERE WILL ALWAYS BE NOBODYS IN THIS COUNTRY THAT KNOW NOTHIN BETTR BUT TO ROB THEIR WAY OUT OF LIFE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

SOMEONE STOLE MY CAR!
    CAME INTO MY HOUSE.

& UR TRYIN TO TELL ME NOT TO CALL THEM SCUMBAGS? DONT THINK SO PAL. THE CAR WILL BE REPLACED. BUT THERE WILL ALWAYS BE NOBODYS IN THIS COUNTRY THAT KNOW NOTHIN BETTR BUT TO ROB THEIR WAY OUT OF LIFE!

Um, I've read eringobragh's over and over, and I can't what part you are taking issue with?

Can you turn off your CAPS LOCK by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I will keep an eye out for the car. North East coast of Dublin here, will have a look in the usual places.

Your obviously fuming and upset. Eringobragh is condoning shooting the car thieves dude! He is on your side... You just misread his post in your red rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

SOMEONE STOLE MY CAR!
    CAME INTO MY HOUSE.

Eh, I think you took him up wrong....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,968 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Talk about managing to pick up the polar opposite of what was actually said!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Hopefully your insurance will pay out in full for you. with regards to these scumbags now breaking into your house to get car keys only- i normally leave car keys down stairs, but think il bring them upstairs now in future! however, will this encourage the scum to come upstairs and force a confrontation?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

SOMEONE STOLE MY CAR!
    CAME INTO MY HOUSE.

Emmm.What???? .I think you've mis-interpreted my post.

Let me simplify it...'It a shame you didn't get the opportunity to blow their head off with a shotgun' :rolleyes:

I'll let ye away with it seen as i can only imagine how pissed off you are (understandably) about your car ;)

• Advertisement

IT IS EASY TO SPOT. PUTTIN AN ADD ON CRIME WATCH - SOMEONE WIL SEE IT!
    THANKS PPL FOR YOUR ADVISE
    :D

Emmm.What???? .I think you've mis-interpreted my post.

Let me simplify it...'It a shame you didn't get the opportunity to blow their head off with a shotgun' :rolleyes:

I'll let ye away with it seen as i can only imagine how pissed off you are (understandably) about your car ;)

HAHA OK SORRY, TOT U WERE SAYIN I SHUDNT BE CALLIN THEM SCUMBAGS COS THEY'L COME AFTER ME.
    YES VERY PISSED OFF...
    IT'L PROB SHOW UP IN A DITCH SOMEWHER HA!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Dont suppose you could turn off CAPS? Will keep an eye out for it

MYOB wrote: »
    Talk about managing to pick up the polar opposite of what was actually said!

i'm never on these board things so sorry for takin a comment up wrong!!!!!!

anyway glad the keys were downstairs, who knows what would hav happened if they were upstairs :confused: i'm just pissed off that someone was watchin the car over the last while & just takes my car (and others) like it couldnt be easier!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

IT IS EASY TO SPOT. PUTTIN AN ADD ON CRIME WATCH - SOMEONE WIL SEE IT!
    THANKS PPL FOR YOUR ADVISE
    :D

That may work if it is still in country, possibly on its way to uk now.
    Happens other way round I have heard too, hope I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Toni08 im on vagdrivers.net, Which is a site full of vw lovers so will post up about your car there for you. If anyone one will spot this car its the lads on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Its a bit of a pain but you have insuarance for these sorts of things. Hardly the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Its a bit of a pain but you have insuarance for these sorts of things. Hardly the end of the world.

You're missing the point - it isnt the fact that (admittedly, lovely car - metal/plastic/glass) was stolen......it's the fact they broke into his house first, to get the keys.

What if they met you when they were inside?? That's the real issue, tbh......

++ 1 on Nally.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Its a bit of a pain but you have insurance for these sorts of things. Hardly the end of the world.

Insurance may sort out the physical car (or at least their estimation of the value of it when it was stolen), but it doesn't do much to get rid of the sickening feeling you get when you know some scumbag has been in your house, rummaging through your stuff, to take possessions that mean a lot to you.

OP, sorry to hear your story and I hope you can post back at some stage with some good news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jkb_dub

Hmm... my wifes 06 VW Golf 1.4 was stolen 2 weeks ago to the day from Ratoath.

I had an Eazypass tag in it which registered going through the M1 toll from South to North on the Thursday evening, the car was stolen early on the Thursday morning. Not seen since..

Good luck with your search.

Advertisement