Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MY CAR (VW GOLF) WAS STOLEN!!!!!! :(

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Toni08

jkb_dub wrote: »
    Hmm... my wifes 06 VW Golf 1.4 was stolen 2 weeks ago to the day from Ratoath.

I had an Eazypass tag in it which registered going through the M1 toll from South to North on the Thursday evening, the car was stolen early on the Thursday morning. Not seen since..

Good luck with your search.

Really? Apparently there's these knackers drivin around ash/ratoath & they'r workin for the Westies... say there's a golf in such & such a house. Job Done. Its obviously happening more then we know. I'm female too & the thought that someone was follwing me & watching where my car is parked is somewhat unsettling.

Sickening.

Let me know if u get yours back :o

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jkb_dub

At this stage I think it's unlikely we'll see it again, and after 2 weeks I'm not sure she'd want it back....

My hope now is that the insurance company play ball...

Hope you've better luck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Toni08 wrote: »
    PLEASE can anyone tell me if they see a 2007 WHITE GOLF GT TSi (2 door)

It was stolen from my house in Ashbourne, between 1am & 5am thursday morning!

Obviously on a wanted list & taken with intention to keep for themselves :mad:

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

who in the name of all thats holy wants a golf ?? everyone who owns one wants rid of it !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

NiSmO wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Repairs? Sure your not getting it sprayed ;)

Anyway, crappy joke aside.

Thats really crap mate :mad: As said post on as many forums as possible. Hope you get it back
    S.I.R wrote: »
    who in the name of all thats holy wants a golf ?? everyone who owns one wants rid of it !

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

People who dont like jap cars:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭Esel

S.I.R, please pick another forum to spout your sh!te in. I'm sure I speak for all the regular users here - JUST GO AWAY! :mad:

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I will keep an eye out for it, I'd say they would remove the white sun visor straight away to attract less attention. Does the car have the standard alloys that come with the GT? Any chance you can post a pic of it or a similar car with same alloys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Really sorry to hear that OP, dosent matter what the car was its still your pride and joy.

Somthing these little ****'s dont understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Chances are that car is parked up in an appartment complex or similar for a couple of days. The scum leave it there just incase there is a tracker device installed on it. When the heat calms down they will return for it.

I know it is like looking for a needle in a hay stack but chances are it could be parked up somewhere not a million miles away from you as they probably left it quickly after stealing it. I would try driving around local appartment complex car parks for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

bazz26 wrote: »
    Chances are that car is parked up in an appartment complex or similar for a couple of days. The scum leave it there just incase there is a tracker device installed on it. When the heat calms down they will return for it.

I know it is like looking for a needle in a hay stack but chances are it could be parked up somewhere not a million miles away from you as they probably left it quickly after stealing it. I would try driving around local appartment complex car parks for it.

+1

Seems to be where alot of stolen cars are found.

Hard luck OP, it's such a balls for those who work hard for what they get to have it taken. God how very ****ing annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I've posted a link on octane, I'm sure everyone will keep their wyes open... sorry to hear dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭skibum

esel wrote: »
    S.I.R, please pick another forum to spout your sh!te in. I'm sure I speak for all the regular users here - JUST GO AWAY! :mad:

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

I've been known for my dislike of vw's , but you're way over the top with a comment like that in the circumstances. To the OP - hope you get sorted ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Did you buy this off carzone back in July? I think I remember seeing this with the white visor. Did it have 'brows' on the headlights too? If so.. this is how you may identify the car. The visor and reg will probably be changed by now.

Also as asked above, are they the standard GT alloys? Is this a GT sport or GT?( As in.. branding and is the grill bar behind the reg black or white?) All these will help people spot the car.

Theres only a handful of White GTs going around at the moment and a lot less 170 models(with the alloys and exhaust). Hopefully you will find it and very sorry to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Unfortunate to hear this mate...jealousy is a bitch for peopl that they feel the need to do this....as well as being scum bags!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Could be well out of the country at this stage, i.e. up north! And the reg will more than likely have been changed by now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

I saw one of those cars on saturday, near navan. Don't know if it was the actual stolen car though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Toni08

A month gone at this stage but hoping someone will see it around.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Yes not looking good if not spotted at this stage, hopefully it's sitting in a hotel car park somewhere.

Any joy from the insurance company settling with you or is it too early?

• Advertisement
Advertisement