Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

sick of people not knowing how to use roundabouts

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

Biro wrote: »
    In my opinion the arrows on the road are wrong there, the ROTR should apply and keep to the left lane for straight ahead, but then you have to forgive people in the right lane cause they're only following the painted arrows.
    A similar but worse example is the roundabout by Jury's Inn in Limerick, coming from the opposite side of the bridge. The road breaks into 3 lanes, left is painted for left only, middle is painted for straight only, and right is painted for straight or right, however there's only one lane exiting that roundabout on all exits. Therefore the rightmost lane shouldn't have the straight arrow painted on it. Luckily most people ignore it and use the middle for straight ahead.

yeah the arrows on the road are confusing, you have people in the left lane thinking the people in the right lane are trying to skip ahead when the arrows in the right lane say you can go straight ahead and visa versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭blackbox

P.C. wrote: »
    This used to bug the cr*p out of me, until I realized, there are two lanes - use both. If there is a que of cars in one, and they are too lazy to use both, that is their own fault. :D

You need an extra wide car to use both. Most of us have to stick to just one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I have seen 2 accidents on the roundabout after you take the northbound exit for Ballymun off the M50.
    Basically, it is a two lane roundabout. And the Ballymun exit from the roundabout is the 3rd exit, with 2 lanes also. I always go up the slip road in the right lane, enter the roundabout and after the 2nd exit enter the left lane to exit into Ballymun. Fair enough.
    Twice I have seen someone enter the roundabout in the left lane, continue around the roundabout in the left lane and the get hit by a car that was in the right lane and taking the Ballymun exit. Seeing as the exit road is also two lanes I assume it is fine for people to use both lanes on the roundabout to exit at this point. The problem is the people staying in the left lane all around the roundabout and taking the 4th exit!
    On a side note, up until recently roadworks on the exit road of this roundabout limited it to one lane. But that didn't stop fools staying in the right lane and taking the exit, before trying to bully there way into the single lane exit. I would forgive this in cases where they didn't realise there was roadworks limiting the road to one lane, but most of the time it was obvious they knew well and were just trying to jump the queue. That is, they were flying around the roundabout to try and speed ahead of the line of cars and jump ahead.

Roundabouts seem to be a mystery to a lot of people. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

yeah the arrows on the road are confusing, you have people in the left lane thinking the people in the right lane are trying to skip ahead when the arrows in the right lane say you can go straight ahead and visa versa.

There is some thing similar in Carrick, coming in from Dublin the most popular exits are left and straight ahead, right just brings you into a housing estate and is hardly ever used so they decided to paint a couple of arrows on the road.
    The left lane is for left turn only and the right lane is for straight ahead and third exit. If you were to come up to the roundabout and wanted to go straight ahead in the correct lane youd get mowed out of it.To add to that there is no signage except an arrow on the road so its usually chaos with people trying to switch lanes at the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

If the drivers could use indicators, at least. And especially tractor drivers.
    I hate f#ckin' tractors (=SUVs)!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

there's a roundabout in Cork that people were so incapable of using correctly that they just painted in an extra lane on the outside :D:D
    Now it's a completely farcical, but people at least aren't beeping each other. It's also handy for traffic skipping because nobody uses the inside lane :pac::pac:

Advertisement