Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take for Eircom engineer to fix a phone line?

Options
  • 18-09-2008 10:36am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well I as the title suggests how long does it take? I just recieved a mail from my father who informs me that the phone line and BB at the folks house has been out of action over a week now... There based in Malahide, Dublin so as its Dublin and the Malahide exchange is in spitting distance of the house Im thinking it should have been sorted by now.

Im currently out of the country but seriously want to open a can of whoop ass on eircom. What I find even more infuriating is that TWO weeks ago my mother made a complaint to Eircom about an engineer who parked in front of there lane way blocking entry to other cars. This guy decided to F*** and Blind at her from the top of the poll... I presuming he got in some hot water but is this fault a coincidence or is this guy having himself a spot of revenge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

How long is a piece of string

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

IIRC the eircom engineers are probably sub contractors rather than employees

the phone book should say repair times or rather when you get a few quid off the bill if they fail to meet it - not sure if this is the relevant doc but
    http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/AgreementForTelephoneService311007.pdf
    9. The Customer must report a fault with the service by contacting freephone 1901 or by logging the
    fault on line on www.eircom.ie. If the Customer reports a fault in the service, eircom will use its
    reasonable endeavours to respond in accordance with the level of repair service which applies to
    that particular product as set out below:-
    eircom provides a Customer Service Guarantee for PSTN fault repair, details of which are
    available at www.eircom.ie or by contacting freephone 1901 (Residential Customers) or
    freephone 1800 601 701 (Business Customers). Under the terms and conditions of eircom’s
    Customer Service Guarantee, eircom will use reasonable endeavours to rectify, to the extent
    that it is reasonably possible, faults to the service within 2 (two) working days. Should eircom
    fail to achieve this, the Customer can claim credit of 2 (two) months line rental, subject to the
    exclusions as set out in the Customer Service Guarantee. The appropriate credit will be
    applied to the Customer’s next telephone bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Eircom have a customers charter which details what you are due in recompence. I "think" its 1 month refund of line rental per week of no connection. This was the case when I lost my line for 17 days and I got 2 months credit on line rental. It doesn't maker up for lost business though..... Eircom are **** when it comes to customer service.I phoned them every day for over 2 weeks and each time they told me that someone would be with me the next day.....yeah right!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

had my line down with over 2 weeks once :( was not abit happy Full Eircom Customer :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

ha! you'l be waiting a good while! and if they ring to give you a time and date you can add on at least two days to it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Well it took two weeks to fix the damn line. My Father rang up for a fourth time and was told "Yeah i can see the faults been logged, but eh nobody has gone near it. I'll put you through to complaints..." Suffice to say I've let my father know he's entitled to some free line rental..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

Falconire wrote: »
    How long is a piece of string

Twice as long as half it's length.

Advertisement