Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hyperion Cantos to be a Movie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

musician wrote: »
    Hmmm I await the disaster that will inevitably follow.

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

wow that's going to be a tough one. I've just started reading his latest " the terror". So far so good

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Wow... Fair play for selling the rights but can't see how this is going to turn out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

unless you did it as a mini series with 2 hours for each of the protagonists stories. not saying this would make it work, but i'd find it pretty unlikely you could cram even just one book in 2 hours.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It'd be very difficult - the first book is mostly flashbacks for example and has a different structure to the second. Also a major reveal/twist in the stories would be spoilt when we see the flashbacks as it's an element that really only works through text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

wow that's going to be a tough one. I've just started reading his latest " the terror". So far so good
    The terror is an excellent book i would highly recommend it to anyone

Advertisement