Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Rialto...

Options
  • 18-09-2008 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

So I've just moved to Rialto around Reuben Street and I know it's got its problems and is close to some rough areas but I'd also like to hear the opinions of some of the people living in it or close to it, in Kilmainham or that. Positive things about it, if you have any like where is a good, cheap corner shop, reasonable off licence, any decent bars in the area. Where is the nearest big supermarket etc?

Just any kind of info that would be useful for a newcomer to the area.
    All advice greatly appreciated and even some sensible "watch out for this area" kinda stuff appreciated. But preferably no over-the-top reactions, ta! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

2 Off licences: 1 attached to the Bird Flanagan at the roundabout and the other is halfway between you and there on the south Circular Road.

Nearest supermarket would be 10 min walk to the Crumlin Road

Pubs that I know, the Bird Flanagan, Carrigans on Old Kilmainham but also worth checking is the Royal Oak which is a 10/15 min walk to Kilmainham Lane/opp Kilmainham Garda Station.

For 'watch out for areas', I'd be careful and street smart in most of the area, it has a certain reputation, but I've never had any trouble in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Can't add much to what tricky said but I'd watch/ try to avoid James's Walk at night, haven't been down there since the apartments were build but it used to be fierce dodgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Lived there about ten years ago, just round the corner from you.

Only bad parts were that we got burgled twice in a very short period, and flatmate got her bag snatched. Probably because the area did have a bit of a drugs problem. Just keep your eyes open, don't take risks. Avoid the Dolphin House flats tbh. Same advice as any central area of Dublin, really. I worked 15 minutes walk away and strolled home late at night with no bother.

All said, i would still be positive about it. Good mix of people. It's very convenient for town. Luas is down at Fatima too. The Bird Flanagan was the only pub I would bother drinking in locally, but to be honest, you're virtually in town for drinking anyway.

There is a Spar(?) just on the Dolphins Barn Street. Also a big Tesco up in the Crumlin Shopping Centre, about 15 minutes away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 xbbjllq

Hey

I've got good and bad things to say about the area.I mived in to Harold ville ave.some months ago. A lovely house with very affordable rent.the major down side is the youths in the area.the two lads in my house have had their cars damaged more than once. (windows smashed,side view mirrors kicked off). Everyone on our street hides their car at night.

I wouldn't walk around their at night. And I'd have a skip in the step coming from the luas stop.

The Garda seem to do most of their work during the days.I don't see much at night.

Have anyone else had their cars damaged?

If not, is their any CCTV in the area preventing them.because we don't have any CCTV and are thinking of asking the council to provide it along with a sunned petition.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

They broke into a closed estate last week. Ripped the gate open somehow, and stole a car.

Things are ok otherwise. I highly recommend Ennis Butchers !!! Check it out and see for yourself. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the bird is a lovely pub

Advertisement