Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fell in love yesterday...

Options
  • 18-09-2008 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

With this...

€1040 in the cycleways, I promise I'll never go in there again.

8BR1_blk.jpg
    Cannondale Bad Boy Singlespeed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

1040 ! Lunacy. Nice bike though. Actually. I find one leg forks wonky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Verb wrote: »
    1040 ! Lunacy. Nice bike though. Actually. I find one leg forks wonky.

Never tried single sided forks actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

studiorat wrote: »
    Never tried single sided forks actually.

Didn't even know they did them...fairly unbalanced, awkward look because of it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

If I had over a grand to be spending on a fixie/singlespeed I can assure you I would not be buying one of these. But then I have never really seen the appeal of any of the Bad Boy range, they appear to me as peculiar and way overpriced hybrids that lean far too much towards MTB for something designed for on-road use.

As for the fork, Cannondale's Lefty has a number of theoretical advantages but more for a suspended fork than a rigid like on the Bad Boy. You can have a single suspension mechanism and thus make the fork lighter- they claim tracking is also improved as two separate suspension mechanisms can operate independently. I don't see a compelling argument for a rigid single-sided fork though, other than the look of the thing.

Single sided forks do work fine though, they certainly don't compromise the bike handling in any way (the opposite if anything.)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

A interesting twist on a fixie, but who is the target market with that gearing? My granny? Front disk is prob a good idea, but why a second on the back - drag brake for long descents?
    Na, it's probably just designed to be bling, famous name + trendy niche.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭-Blanco-

It's nice alright but €1040 is a rip off. Evans are selling them for £624/€787 including delivery. (£599 for the bike and £25 delivery to Ireland)

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cannondale/bad-boy-single-2008-hybrid-bike-ec000109

That's a huge difference of €253 in price.

Even before Evans dropped £60 off the price it still worked out at €875 delivered. I'd be pretty annoyed if I had just bought one of these in cycleways!:rolleyes: Seriously if it had of been €100 in the difference I wouldn't have been surprised but €253 is taking the pi$$.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

not for me. that bike is pig ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

rp wrote: »
    why a second on the back

It has a freewheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

I fixie for a grand - wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

You're going to have your heart broken! It won't buy you flowers, write, return your calls.
    Your too good for him Studiorat.

• Advertisement

'68 wrote:
    You're going to have your heart broken! It won't buy you flowers, write, return your calls.
    Your too good for him Studiorat.

All single speeds are b*stards I suppose.

But he is sooo handsome!
    Lets see if I sell the Muddy Fox and the Da Bomb!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭drunkdaz

Picked up my Badboy at the start of the summer and am really impressed. For bombing around the city centre its just so much better then a normal hybrid; really flickable meaning you can carve through traffic, jump kerbs etc. This along with the brakes mean its seriously quick. I suppose once you get out of the narrow/congested streets (i live in central london) it loses this advantage but its still as quick as most hybrids, and I think it has better acceleration then any other I've been on.
    As for the lefty, its very plush but just gets way too much attention. Everytime I head out on it at least one chav asks "How much"....
    In short, ride one and you'll buy one...

img0521eq7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

But can you ever park it outside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

drunkdaz wrote: »
    As for the lefty, its very plush but just gets way too much attention.
    So, how does the lefty feel? Do you feel lobsided at all at the start? Hows about when you go back to a 'doubly'?

Morgan wrote: »
    But can you ever park it outside?

Not really in the habit of leaving bikes outside anyway. Bring it into work, or else park it in a bike shop in town.

Advertisement